Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » vibration with my 306

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: vibration with my 306
94gtdrop
Member # 7203

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gtdrop  Ford pictures for 94gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just had a repair shop shop install my rebuilt 306 in my 94 gt and it runs great except it really vibrates the shifter past like 4000 rpm the motor was out of a 90 so the shop changed the fly wheel and balancer does it matter what oz the flywheel and balancer is as long as they are the same? shifter vibrates even in neutral when i rev it past 4000 thanx Radical Rob 94gtdrop
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes it does matter. 306's are usualy ballanced with 50oz flywheel and balancer. same as stock. 331's come with 28oz parts. if its the stock crank then it takes a 50 oz.
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
harmonic balancer sounds like to me, note he said the flywheel was the same...hopefully meaning same oz as stock, if you have the right flywheel check the rubber on the harmonic balancer and see if the outer ring is coming loose at all

[ January 28, 2007, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: OneBadHatch ]

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com