Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Car stalls

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car stalls
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 1897 LXCoupe stock with a B-Cam and 373 gears, it only has an MSD box, MSD coil, the engine is a 306, Im always on Empty bc I'm a college student. Last time I turned on my car, pressed on the gas and the car really BOGS down, like I press the gas and it won't go no where, rpms are all crazy, they jump up and down, I changed the fuel filter and nothing helped, also the spark plugs where fouled (changed them) and nothing helped, u guys think it might be the fuel pump? It sucks, the engine pulled strong as hell, but now I press the gas and the car either stalls or beggins to bog. I need Help. [Eek!]

--------------------
*NorCal

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u try cleaning maf? worth a try
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My bad, it's a speed density. 1987. I did clean the throtle body, it had all this black sooth all over it. That's bout it, the car stalls all the time and when it's warm, it will BOG. [Eek!]

--------------------
*NorCal

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Edit

[ January 11, 2007, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO ]

--------------------
*NorCal

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would get a fuel pressure guage and check to see what your fuel pressure is when you are driving it. If you have low fuel pressure when you get on it you could have a fuel deivery problem.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
/\ what he said and if your fuel pump is in tank then try not to run it low on gas all the time. In tank pumps use fuel to cool themselves. If there's no fuel then they won't cool and they will heat up. Too much of that shit = dead fuel pump. Do this to aftermarket high perf fuel pumps and you'll kill them fast. Stockers can take more of a beating but its still not a good idea to be running low all the time.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com