Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 255 FUEL PUMP?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 255 FUEL PUMP?
ProjectFox87
¯
Member # 7048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProjectFox87  Ford pictures for ProjectFox87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HAY, I WANNA GET A 255 FUEL PUMP FOR MY FIFTY BUT ITS SPEED DENSITY. WILL IT STILL FUNCTION CORRECTLY? WILL IT DO WHAT ITS SUPPOSE TO DO EVEN THO I HAVE SPEED DENSITY? OR WILL IT JUST PUSH OUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF FUEL AS STOCK PUMPS?

THNX [Confused]

--------------------
1987 MUSTANG 5.0.Sold 1990 MX-5 Turbo MIATA Sold 1990 Mustang 5.0. Sold 1992 Turbo Miata Sold
1991 240sx Sold 1991 Miata Turbo,WILL Spank your 5.0 =]

Posts: 510 | From: WEST SACRAMENTO | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do you want a pump that big? It would work but its overkill unless you have quite a few mods. I'm sure you'd be fine with a 190.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It will pump the gas quickly but if you don't have bigger injectors its kinda pointless. Someone told me also if you don't have the bigger injectors the pump will just heat up the fuel which might cause problems.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ProjectFox87
¯
Member # 7048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProjectFox87  Ford pictures for ProjectFox87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO CAN I GET AWAY WITH STOCK INJECTORS AND A 190 PUMP, THNX FOR THE INPUT GUYS, YOUR HELPIN AND SAVING TIME LOL

--------------------
1987 MUSTANG 5.0.Sold 1990 MX-5 Turbo MIATA Sold 1990 Mustang 5.0. Sold 1992 Turbo Miata Sold

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a 190 would give you room to grow into bigger and better mods.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
ProjectFox87
¯
Member # 7048

AITE THNX YOU GUYS HELPED ALOT [worship] [worship]

--------------------

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ProjectFox87:

personally i would get a 255 pump...but thats jus me...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:

personally i would get a 255 pump...but thats jus me...
I agree. If you plan on adding a lot more HP down the road then the 255 will give you some extra room to grow. There should be no issue running a 255 w/ stock injectors. It will just be overkill until you upgrade the rest of your fuel system.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do You already have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? If not then You should probably get one. What mod's do You have done to Your car? If You don't have HCI then there is probably better places to spend the money.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

ProjectFox87
¯
Member # 7048

HERES WHAT I HAVE
308 MOTOR
P HEADS
BBK LONG TUBES
UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
373 GEARS
WOLRD CLASS TRANNY
BBK COLD AIR
PORTED STOCK INTAKE FOR NOW

SPEED DENSITY!

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
HERES WHAT I HAVE
308 MOTOR
P HEADS
BBK LONG TUBES
UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
373 GEARS
WOLRD CLASS TRANNY
BBK COLD AIR
PORTED STOCK INTAKE FOR NOW

SPEED DENSITY!

Are You putting the new pump in for a specific reason, like noisy pump or lean condition? Have You considered a mass air conversion or are You going to stay with speed density?

--------------------

ProjectFox87
¯
Member # 7048

NO PROBS WITH THE ONE I HAVE, JUST WANNA GET A BIGGER ONE. AND YES, MASS AIR CONVERSION SOMETIME ALONG THE ROAD

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
NO PROBS WITH THE ONE I HAVE, JUST WANNA GET A BIGGER ONE. AND YES, MASS AIR CONVERSION SOMETIME ALONG THE ROAD

That's all good. Just wondering if You had a specific reason or problem. It is about 100 buck's and I would order from summit cause they have alot in stock and FAST delivery. Someone else chime in here but don't You need an adjustable fuel pressure regulaor when You put in a bigger pump? If You still have the stock pump in there it would be a good idea to change it anyway so it does'nt quit on You at a bad time.

And You might as well go with a 255 IMHO. [patriot]

[ January 11, 2007, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: SmokinLX ]

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

That's all good. Just wondering if You had a specific reason or problem. It is about 100 buck's and I would order from summit cause they have alot in stock and FAST delivery. Someone else chime in here but don't You need an adjustable fuel pressure regulaor when You put in a bigger pump? If You still have the stock pump in there it would be a good idea to change it anyway so it does'nt quit on You at a bad time.

And You might as well go with a 255 IMHO. [patriot]

my 255 pump worked fine on a 100% stock engine with the stock regulator, the regulator just makes it stock fuel pressure, the fuel pump moves more fuel but it is just circulated back to the tank.

just be careful removing the gas cap when you have a 255pump on a stock motor, mine pressurizes the tank a LOT and there is a fairly loud pressure bleed off when I crack the gas cap open, kind of like a soda bottle you shook up
[Big Grin]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
evintho
¯
Member # 5536

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for evintho  Ford pictures for evintho  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 255 high pressure pump is $16 more than the 190. Spend the money and get the 255!

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?initemuid=436&fcmd=item&inmake=0

--------------------
'89 Mustang LX droptop running a turbocharged 2.3, and proud of it!!
Check out 'Thunderstang'!

Posts: 285 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
ProjectFox87
¯
Member # 7048

SO THE 255 WONT AKE ME RUN RICH?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
SO THE 255 WONT AKE ME RUN RICH?

no, the fuel pressure regulator and the return fuel line that dumps extra fuel back into the gas tank takes care of that.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get the 255. I don't know much about Ford products so I'll just chime in with general info. Whenever I do high perf mods I toss the stock ones and just run an adjustable from a company like Aeromotive. That way I don't have to deal with stock crap or even worry about it if I add more power. If all you plan on is running the power of up to one 255 and you don't want to play with fuel pressures and you aren't close to maxing out your injectors then it "should" be ok with stock regulator. Once you start modding a lot you'll want an aftermarke adjustable. For people like me who run three 255s, big injectors and always tweaking with fuel pressure a good aftermarket adjustable is necessary. Hell I even had to crank those 255 puppies up too! If you're worried about rich/lean conditions then get a wide band and monitor your afr. But then again if you're doing performance mods you should have an afr gauge anyway.

[ January 14, 2007, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com