Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Decisions!!! Vortech Supercharger S-Trim or T-trim... Stock 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Decisions!!! Vortech Supercharger S-Trim or T-trim... Stock 5.0
gnatsum05
¯
Member # 3293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gnatsum05  Ford pictures for gnatsum05    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1993 Mustang GT... Completely Stock 5.0... 95,000 miles.... Just have Long Tube Headers... w/Built AOD w/3000 Stall... What do you Guys recommend? Vortech Supercharger S-Trim or T-Trim... I Want to up grade in the future. With a Stronger Block... & H/C/I... Thanks a bunch...[url] http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/blowers/50-blowers.html#stg1strim93[/url]

--------------------
93' GT & 03' Terminator...

Posts: 80 | From: Northern Ca. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only thing I can recommend is to plan for the future. You already know or should know that your going to want more power......as soon as you get a little bit you want more and more. Its addictive. You will end up saving money in the long run if you start with this idea. Before long, you will have 1,000 hp monster [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Novi 2000. Incredibly wide efficiency range. And Now Paxton and Vortech are one company.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gnatsum05:
1993 Mustang GT... Completely Stock 5.0... 95,000 miles.... Just have Long Tube Headers... w/Built AOD w/3000 Stall... What do you Guys recommend? Vortech Supercharger S-Trim or T-Trim... I Want to up grade in the future. With a Stronger Block... & H/C/I... Thanks a bunch...[url] http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/blowers/50-blowers.html#stg1strim93[/url]

Since You are planning on an aftermarket block I will assume You want 500 or more RWHP so the S trim would'nt make much sense. What are You planning on doing with the car? Drag/autocross/wicked street car? If You have the coin then the novi 2000 is a great choice.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Since You are planning on an aftermarket block I will assume You want 500 or more RWHP so the S trim would'nt make much sense. What are You planning on doing with the car? Drag/autocross/wicked street car? If You have the coin then the novi 2000 is a great choice.
are you saying a vortech s trim is not capble of doing over 500rwhp?
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:
quote:

I know there are guy's running 650+ rwhp with big cube 351 stroker's. If He is going to spend the money for an aftermarket block then You would assume that He would want more power than a s trim can put out. For Me the s trim will take You to the limit's of the stockblock but when You are talking aftermarket block's then You will want something bigger than a s trim.

--------------------

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you were to stay with a stock motor the s trim is a better choice.if you plan on doing a built 47 later on then by all means do a t trim.Little fyi i did a t trim on a stock motor with gt40 intake bbk headers mass and 42 lbs injectors with a 75mm tbody on 7psi we made 378 and 360tq on 91 octane and a stock cat pipe with a very very safe tune.26 degrres total at full boost and 10.6 a/f at full boost.

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:
if you were to stay with a stock motor the s trim is a better choice.if you plan on doing a built 47 later on then by all means do a t trim.Little fyi i did a t trim on a stock motor with gt40 intake bbk headers mass and 42 lbs injectors with a 75mm tbody on 7psi we made 378 and 360tq on 91 octane and a stock cat pipe with a very very safe tune.26 degrres total at full boost and 10.6 a/f at full boost.

how much is full boost?
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know there are guy's running 650+ rwhp with big cube 351 stroker's. If He is going to spend the money for an aftermarket block then You would assume that He would want more power than a s trim can put out. For Me the s trim will take You to the limit's of the stockblock but when You are talking aftermarket block's then You will want something bigger than a s trim.
listen bro im not triying to give you a hard time, but you make it seem like making over 500rwhp with an s trim is hard to do...(all you need is a good stock bottom end with good heads/intake/cam and the blower and you should be able to acheive that number...good luck [patriot]
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yes, i agreed with you about buying the t trim....
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a turbo!

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

gnatsum05
¯
Member # 3293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gnatsum05  Ford pictures for gnatsum05    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
More Information if you guys have MORE!!! Hey Guys... Thanks for all your input... I appreciate it... I know I want to stay Smog Legal... & All Three will Pass... S-Trim, T-Trim & the Novi 2000... I like the Turbo's if they were Legal... Hey SmokinLX... 10 second E.T. "AWESOME"!!! What is your Combo... Engine/Transmission??? If you don't mind me askin' Thanks again, Tom

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Decide what you want the ultimate goal to be and work backwards from there. If you just start throwing parts at it, you'll be at it forever. If you even think you're going to want 550-600 hp out of it, go with a aftermarket block. Ford Racing just released the new Boss 302 block and it's definitely affordable. A Novi 2000 is your best bet for a SC you can grow with if you're desiring that.
A S-trim will definitely make 500+ rwhp, but that's not the issue...a stock block is. And yes, a stock block will hold it...but for how long? It does no good to spend $$$$ on a nice rotating assembly only to cram it in a stock block. Do you want a ticking timebomb under the hood?
You go as fast as your pockets are deep.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
More Information if you guys have MORE!!! Hey Guys... Thanks for all your input... I appreciate it... I know I want to stay Smog Legal... & All Three will Pass... S-Trim, T-Trim & the Novi 2000... I like the Turbo's if they were Legal... Hey SmokinLX... 10 second E.T. "AWESOME"!!! What is your Combo... Engine/Transmission??? If you don't mind me askin' Thanks again, Tom

I have a 306 with stock rebuild part's and F cam, AFR 185's, Pullied S trim -13 #'s of boost, tranny is a built AOD with manual valvebody, tranny brake, and a 3500 edge street/strip converter. With My trap speed and a conservative weight guess on My car put's Me at 600 fwhp which is pushing the limit's of the stock block. You going to be dragging the car? What kind of ET's are You hoping for?

--------------------

gnatsum05
¯
Member # 3293

Thanks, JohnB for chimin' in... Your the Ford Guru... Thanks, for your Expertise... SmokinLX, Thanks, for sharing your Combination... I'll be Street Drivin' & Dragging sometimes... I think for now... I'll see what I can crank out with the 5.0 Liter... 95,000 mile Stockblock first... w/Longtube headers... GT-40 Intake... & 1.7 Rockers... & Supercharger??? Either the Novi 2000 or the T-Trim... Then I will Upgrade to a Stronger Rotating Assembly... H/C/I... Again, Thank you All...

--------------------

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy a used s-trim and upgrade to whatever trim when you're ready.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

how much is full boost?
7psi.

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

quote:
quote:
quote:

how much is full boost?
7psi.
dam, i had the same set up only with gt40 iron heads at 10psi with a novi 2000 and did 371rwhp 380tq...hmm, i guess my combo was weak... [Confused]
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
s-trim. It will be able to support more power than your stock block can handle if you upgrade to a good H/C/I setup. The S-trim should give you better low boost response as well.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com