Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Ugh More Car Problems

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ugh More Car Problems
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to have a real bad vibration in the drive train (at least thats where I think its comming from. I dont feel anything in the steering wheel or shifter. You kind of feel it going down the center of the car) when going about 2000 rpms in 5th gear. I got the old DS 180'd and it didnt help. Went and had my tires balanced/rotated still didnt help. Bought an aluminum DS and I thought the vibrations were gone. (Should I try to get that 180'd?) However, now theyre back at around 3000 rpms in 5th gear. Im wondering why its showing up again just higher in the rpm range. I know my car needs new front tires and an allignment but im not sure that will fix it.

Edit= Only does the vibe when driving. If I sit there in neutral and rev it the vibe isnt there.

Second problem that just surfaced. When I try to use my left turn signal on the instrument panel the arrow that lights up to the left doesnt go. It does on the right side however. Both turn signals on the outside work though. Also if I try to change the brightness on the instrument panel with the slider the whole thing flickers and goes out. You have to find the sweet spot to make it light up. Does this sound like a loose connection? New dimmer switch? If so where do I check?

Any help is appreciated..

[ December 16, 2006, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would check all your motor and tranny mounts.

check the grounds for the lights and bulbs also check the bulb sockets,check it for corrison and rust. usually when one side blinks and the other does'nt its a bulb. good luck.

E

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com