Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fox turbo kits.....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox turbo kits.....
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone know any companies that make fox body single or twin turbo kits?
only one i know of is hellion.

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
web page turbochargedpower
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95whitegt:
web page turbochargedpower

yeah i just found that.

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.bgturbokits.com/

http://ziptie007.phpwebhosting.com/catalog/index.php

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pick up a copy of Mustang Muscle and Fast Fords May 2006 issue. They have 10 page spread on available turbo kits.

Some of the companies listed are: B&G, Cartech, Forced Fabrication, HP Performance, etc.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jav

Be ready to shell out some $,$$$.$$'s

Ask 91Trunkster i believe he had a single on his and the Hellion kit was like $6-9K or so after everything was done.

I may be a little off but you get the picture.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Jav

Ask 91Trunkster i believe he had a single on his and the Hellion kit was like $6-9K or so after everything was done.

who said it was for me?someday ill have a power adder [Frown] im stuck NA

[ November 30, 2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Jav

[Wink]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

quote:
quote:
quote:
Jav

[Wink]
 -

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5k for the kit, after all was said and done, way too much, but my drive train and cooling system are pretty much bullet proof, B&G makes a really nice kit from what I have heard, I went Hellion because it was off the shelf, HP is very expensive and the wait is quite long.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
5k for the kit, after all was said and done, way too much, but my drive train and cooling system are pretty much bullet proof, B&G makes a really nice kit from what I have heard, I went Hellion because it was off the shelf, HP is very expensive and the wait is quite long.

thats the main down side to them, other than that i hear they are great kits with svery minimal to no mods to get it to work and they include everything in the kit.

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

If you could do it all over again would you have gone with a supercharger?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, I would have went all motor.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
anyone know any companies that make fox body single or twin turbo kits?
only one i know of is hellion.

Do the MM&FF junk yard twin turbo kit! You can even get the intercooler off Ebay for cheap.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to www.turbomustangs.com all the info you need there.

[patriot]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

If you could do it all over again would you have gone with a supercharger?
Turbos are efficient, have that "cool factor", and you can definitely make mad power. However, they are expensive, hard to install (compared to a super charger), and won't pass smog.

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Blowers, turbos, NOS, or big cubes will all make good power. It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The hellion kit says you can keep smog stuff. That one could pass smog I guess?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
The hellion kit says you can keep smog stuff. That one could pass smog I guess?

doesnt have a carb number, the main thing for it to be smog legal is for it not to alter the emnission equipment. only kit that i know that had a carb number was the INCON TT kit.

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jav

[Wink]
 -
[Wink] = I understand where you are coming from.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dynoguy  Ford pictures for dynoguy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've seen Trunksters set up, it is very cool.
btw talked to 2 companies at SEMA that have turbo kits for new stangs pending carb approval (can you say street legal).

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com