Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » vortec s-trim or novi 2000?????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: vortec s-trim or novi 2000?????
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
which one is better???

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phat50:
which one is better???

Hard to beat the dependability of the vortech, but the novi can pump out more poer for sure! Also I think the novi is more expensive. I would say for a stockblock mustang a good HCI with a pullied vortech is going to put You rite at the block's limit, but if You want room to grow and plan on an aftermarket block or 351 block down the line then You will have room to grow with the novi.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

BLACKOUTLAW
¯
Member # 6821

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLACKOUTLAW  Ford pictures for BLACKOUTLAW  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with the novi you can push up to 28 psi. never have to buy another supercharger.

--------------------
THE HEART BEAT STOPS HERE!

e89notch
¯
Member # 6610

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e89notch  Ford pictures for e89notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a powerdyne..no problems yet

--------------------
Sleeper on the streets

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It really depends on your engine. If you have a higher rpm engine the novi will make more top end power and be better. If you engine is going to max out at say 6000 rpm I would go with the vortech it will give you more usable power. One of the mustang mags did a article in which they pulled a Novi 2000 off of a Real Street car(one of the mustang racing classes they have) and put on a V2-SQ(quiet S trim) and picked up over 40 usable hp at the rear wheels, because at the time they couldn't pull the RPM's to use the Novi 2000 to its potential. Now they can.

[ November 13, 2006, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by e89notch:
I have a powerdyne..no problems yet

or atleast untill your belt brakes...STEP away from the powerdyne son [Big Grin]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
e89notch
¯
Member # 6610

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e89notch  Ford pictures for e89notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no problems yet..no leaks, good belts..worth it!

--------------------
Sleeper on the streets

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you are one of the only ones consider yourself lucky.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
powerdyne=slowertime

--------------------
93GT 306 H/C/I supercharged
06 Cummins 6spd
90 GT 5sdp daily driver HCI
16 Hellcat Charger
91GT aod(sold)
88GT5spd(totaled)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com