Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » aod to c-4

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: aod to c-4
93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a c-4 from my buddy to put in my 91gt, it came out of a 67 289, is there anyone who has done is conversion? i need to know what parts i need or if any, when i look up the parts everything i thought i needed is advertised for aod/c-4, like drive shaft, tranny mount, flex plate.

--------------------
93GT 306 H/C/I supercharged
06 Cummins 6spd
90 GT 5sdp daily driver HCI
16 Hellcat Charger
91GT aod(sold)
88GT5spd(totaled)

white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white50steve  Ford pictures for white50steve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the stock flexplate will work if you have a bellhousing for a 164t flywheel and the converter has the right bolt patern. the stock driveshaft will work. im not sure if you can use the stock shiter but i would recomend a b&m pro stick. the tranny crossmember had to be moddified which is easy. all you have to do is cut the tacks that hold the end bushings on and move the end bushings the other way.
Posts: 161 | From: south san francisco | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THANS BRO, i realy aprieatiate(sorry m/s) your info. SHAKE N BAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
93GT 306 H/C/I supercharged
06 Cummins 6spd
90 GT 5sdp daily driver HCI
16 Hellcat Charger
91GT aod(sold)
88GT5spd(totaled)

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put an aod in a 65 that had a c4. i needed a new drive shaft that was shorter due to the aod being longer than a c4. also used a new flex plate and custom cross member again because the aod is longer. tranny mounts are the same
white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white50steve  Ford pictures for white50steve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a foxbody driveshaft is shorter to acomidate the aod but works fine with the c4
Posts: 161 | From: south san francisco | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com