Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cams and gears?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cams and gears?
00blkstanggt
¯
Member # 7179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00blkstanggt  Ford pictures for 00blkstanggt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum and just had a few questions to ask. I've been on some of the other forums, but thought this one would be better since its all based in california. Anyways, Do any of you know of a good and reasonable place for gear installs and also cam installs around the bay area? Any help would be appreciated. Also, I already have the XCal 2, but wanted to get a dyno tune done. What would be the cost since I already have the tuner?

[ October 26, 2006, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: 00blkstanggt ]

--------------------
Black 2000 Mustang GT
*Vortech Supercharged*

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are a few of us here on the board that do work for folks. What gears are you looking to go with? 4.10's would be my recommendation...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
There are a few of us here on the board that do work for folks. What gears are you looking to go with? 4.10's would be my recommendation...

+1 [burnout]

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
00blkstanggt
¯
Member # 7179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00blkstanggt  Ford pictures for 00blkstanggt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I will looking to do 4.10s.I was looking to either do VT stage 1 or 2 cams. Depends on price of install especially with new springs. Let me know how much you would charge for gear install and if you can think of someone who can do cams for a reasonable price. Any help is appreciated.

--------------------
Black 2000 Mustang GT
*Vortech Supercharged*

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com