Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Transponder key

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Transponder key
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm trying to get this 98 GT back on the road (been sitting for 2 years) and the only key i have is good for the door & trunk. the car cranks but won't start so i'm thinking it's because i don't have the original transponder key.
any way around the transponder or does anyone know a good locksmith who can make me one onsite w/o killing the wallet?
thanks!

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i believe you have to go to your local ford dealership and get the right key. once you obtain the correct key you can get it cut or made by a locksmith.
First Place Performance
¯
Member # 6277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Place Performance  Ford pictures for First Place Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the PATS key you have is bad, when turned in the ignition it will flash the THEFT light, and it will not crank. If it does this, you will need to go to FORD for a Key reprogram. They might try to get you to buy a blank key to reprogram the syatem. If so call me, I'll save you a ton over FORD's price on the PATS key. But they should beable to reprogram it off your VIN, without the need for another Key. Good luck.

--------------------
First Place Performance, LTD.
www.fppauto.com
Your One Stop Shop For EVERYTHING Automotive!

Posts: 66 | From: Patterson, CA or Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the Ford equipment to reprogram the PATS system and I can beat the dealers price on this service so let me know if I can help you.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com