Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Re: Smog Time

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Re: Smog Time
wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wikaweez  Ford pictures for wikaweez    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All,

I just wanted to get a second opinion on the permanent setup I have on a gt I just picked up. Currently the setup is on a H-Pipe setup w\1 chamber flows with no cats. I just a muff shop today and they are charging me 450 for 4 cats to be added to my setup. I really want to take the 1 chambers off and go a little mild w\2 chambers. Since this is going to be pricey I'll just keep them on. The shop said I need 4 magna flow cats to be place added. Is this what I need? Please advise. If i am going to spend this much I think I can get a better setup for the mney.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 108 | From: From Da Bay to SAC/Elk G. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would just swoop up a stock h pipe. smog it, then put your setup back on. You then can get 2 chambers put on once its off.

Are you trying to keep it o/r or do you want it smog legit?

[ October 25, 2006, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: EASTBAY5_0 ]

wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wikaweez  Ford pictures for wikaweez    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since this its load a$$ hell I was just going to have the shop add the 4 cats and then extend the pipes on the 1 chamber to the rear dumped to take away inside drone ( I know I am loosing horse power this way).

Otherwise, I found a guy out in Hayward that has a stock h-pipe and add the cats to that for smog time. Would I need to buy stock mufflers for this as well if I did it this way?

Thanks man!

whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just swap your h pipe out for a stock one. then smog it.then put you h back on. dont waist your money.
Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

Thanks for the info man!

-fz

wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

anyone know of a good shop that specializes in diagnositcs and smog for fox's?
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
come set up my wi fi printer and I'll give you an h pipe!
wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for wikaweez  Ford pictures for wikaweez    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a stock h]pipe already. All i need to make sure this 5.ho passes smog. lol

Where do you live? pm your number and I maybe able to set this up for you. lol

wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

Pass with flying colors after the tech plugged the air hose back. lol I also passed with the aftermarket magnaflow setup.

Thanks to all the replied!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com