Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car sometimes wont start

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car sometimes wont start
90cobraclone
¯
Member # 6354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90cobraclone  Ford pictures for 90cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In august i replaced the starter because it would try to start but it was like the battery was dead but the meter read 12.87 so i double check grounds and there all good so i went and bought a starter havnt had a problem since about a week ago i get in my car and buzzzzzz no start it happen periodicly and if i hookup a jumper pack it starts but the battery still has 12 volts the starter is for a 1993 so the siliniod is on the starter itself and it supose to have a heat sheild but i dont do you think its the starter again batterie is an optima red top

--------------------
vortech supercharged

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you running long tubes? If so the starter could be getting heat soaked.

Check your starter relay too.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
90cobraclone
¯
Member # 6354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90cobraclone  Ford pictures for 90cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
equal leghth shortys

--------------------
vortech supercharged

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pull the plugs and check them, my car did that when it had a blown head gasket, it wouldn't start when the cylinder that was getting coolant into it was on the compression stroke.

pulled the plugs and one of them was rusty on the tip and had water around it.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com