Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » toyota tacoma ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: toyota tacoma ?
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a bought a 2000 tacoma 3 days ago really cheap and mean dirt cheap, but there is an engine problem and today i found out what the problem is cause i had my check engine light check, and it said that there is a missfire on cylinder 3 & 4, and i just want to know if it could be fix easy or do i get a new engine.

here is the truck, even though if i buy a new engine is will still be worth it for the price i bought the car for.
 -

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does it have the 4 coils pre cylinder engine or does use wires and 2 seperate coils?! 2.4 or 2.7 or 6 cyl. lmk i work at a toyota dealership! [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a 2.4

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a misfire is usually ignition or sensor related, very rarely it is the valves not sealing because of weak/dead valve springs

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

well just to make sure i will have my compression check tomorrow, and make sure all the coils are working.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn.. looks pretty good carlos..
cool truck. now i can get you to haul shiat for me.. [Razz]
PLEASE do not tell me you sold the 50 or the GT!! [Eek!]

--------------------
=(

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
damn.. looks pretty good carlos..
cool truck. now i can get you to haul shiat for me.. [Razz]
PLEASE do not tell me you sold the 50 or the GT!! [Eek!]

no no i still have both mustangs [Big Grin]

now i just to buy a car trailer just incase one of our cars brake down [Big Grin]

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

ok here is the update on my truck, i haven't done the compression check yet but i check the coils and they work fine but injector 3&4 dont work cause i disconnect them and the truck runs the same, but if i disconnect 1 or 2 the truck dies, so those that mean that my injectors took a shit?

--------------------

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you ran any codes on it yet?!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

it just said that it missfires on cylinder 3 & 4 that's it, and so far it looks like #3&4 injectors are not working, cause i have check almost everything except the compression, spark plugs came out ok nothing wet or anything bad. I check with a toyota dealership and the spark plugs ran at $165 each [Eek!] kragen has them at $65 each.

--------------------

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
it just said that it missfires on cylinder 3 & 4 that's it, and so far it looks like #3&4 injectors are not working, cause i have check almost everything except the compression, spark plugs came out ok nothing wet or anything bad. I check with a toyota dealership and the spark plugs ran at $165 each [Eek!] kragen has them at $65 each.

p/m me with your VIN and give you players price~ lmk~
Ernesto

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

quote:
Originally posted by The Camaro Z-28 Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

p/m me with your VIN and give you players price~ lmk~
Ernesto

thanks for the help, i will pm u the vin # tomorrow cause my dad took the truck so i dont have it today. also if u could get i them for around 65 that would be great cause i dont really want to spend a lot of money if i'm not 100% sure of the problem.

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you sure it's the injectors and not the wiring?

did you remove them but leave them plugged in to see if they are spraying fuel?

it could just as easily be a bad coil pack, unplugging the fuel injector would make no difference if there is not enough spark.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
are you sure it's the injectors and not the wiring?

did you remove them but leave them plugged in to see if they are spraying fuel?

it could just as easily be a bad coil pack, unplugging the fuel injector would make no difference if there is not enough spark.

well i check the coil packs and they are ok cause i swicth them around to see if one or two were bad but still same results, the wiring looks ok on the injectors but i will take them off to see if they are spraying.

Thanks for the info guys

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

well i just switch the injectors and still the same problem on cylinder 3 & 4, so what now? also if the engine is on and i take the oil cap off airs comes out.

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

and compression is good?

if the oil is pressurized then that sounds like a BHG to me.

you've had both a compression test (with the fuel pump disabled, pull the relay or unplug the injectors) and a leak down test done and all 4 cylinders are within 5%?

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com