Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Electric Water Pump

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Electric Water Pump
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the deal with these?...read about it in MM&FF, would this casue any problems if i go supercharged later down the road? in the article it says a gain of upto 16hp at the higher RPM range, thnx guys [burnout]

[ October 07, 2006, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: autumnstang97 ]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is 16HP really worth $400?

That money would be better spent elseware, like gears

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure what car it is going on for you But if it is going a 4.6. I have really consider it. Difently come pro's and con's. Money is a problem of course expensive for the small gain. But the main thing i think of as my car is a daily driven blown 4.6 is if it breaks, throw, shred my belt i loose everything, including water pump and won't be able to limp the car home. With a electric pump at least i would be able to drive it home or somewhere close to change the belt.
Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtstang03:
Not sure what car it is going on for you But if it is going a 4.6. I have really consider it. Difently come pro's and con's. Money is a problem of course expensive for the small gain. But the main thing i think of as my car is a daily driven blown 4.6 is if it breaks, throw, shred my belt i loose everything, including water pump and won't be able to limp the car home. With a electric pump at least i would be able to drive it home or somewhere close to change the belt.

Yeah but what happens when the Pump goes and everything else is good. Those pumps only have a certain amount of hours onthe life span. If you dialy drive it, you might not want to have to have it rebuilt every couple of years or quicker? I would stick with a standard pump. When you build a race car, then it might be a better idea.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
Originally posted by gtstang03:

Yeah but what happens when the Pump goes and everything else is good. Those pumps only have a certain amount of hours onthe life span. If you dialy drive it, you might not want to have to have it rebuilt every couple of years or quicker? I would stick with a standard pump. When you build a race car, then it might be a better idea.
Meziere electric water pumps have a standard of life of 2500 hours. With an average speed of 35mph, that is 87,500 miles. Standard mechanical water pumps have an average life of 75,000. Granted, an electric water pump is roughly 3x more expensive. Yellow94GT has a Meziere and has had no problems, we should all get that one! [patriot]

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Meziere. It is a very nice piece. I drive my mustang a lot in traffic and it hangs fine at idle.

Also at the track it is awesome. I don't need a long cool down time between runs. I put in 2 extra switches, one for my WP and one for my fan. That way when I turn it off to cool down I can flick on the fan and the WP. Within about a minute or 2 it is 150 to 160 degrees. I love it. Just get right back in the lane, through an icebag on the intake and cool it down real fast. HAHA

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright, I'll stay standard, and keep an extra belt in the trunk...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com