Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » arent these headers smog legal???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: arent these headers smog legal???
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BBK%2D15120&N=700+4294908331+4294908282+4294924929+4294923429+4294840126+400456+4294839039+115&autoview=sku

i bought a coupe with these on it , but i thought they were smog legal they have the lil plate with the number right on them, lmk thanks

Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the smog tech is a dick, you're SOL whether the number is stamped on the part or not.

I would make an attempt at locating paperwork regarding the headers. At the very least, having a legal CARB number and the papers to show for it will give you some bargaining chips at the smog shop.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have those and they have the carb # stamped on one of the drivers side primary tubes, making them smog legal.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dang cuz the last 5 shops that my boy has taken the car to the tech looks at the headers and say nope can't do it and he even points out the stamp and everything ima jus tell him to keep looking around for more shops til he finds someone cool ,
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take it to test only, they are usually more experienced

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red GT black rallyes:
dang cuz the last 5 shops that my boy has taken the car to the tech looks at the headers and say nope can't do it and he even points out the stamp and everything ima jus tell him to keep looking around for more shops til he finds someone cool ,

If they have a CARB# then they are legal. If you have any more trouble PM me, I have a friend that owns a test only shop here in Sac and will run it for you. He wont do an illegal smog but if you have the numbers for all the aftermarket parts its no problem.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ok cool thanks.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com