Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Blow'in white smoke out of exhaust

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Blow'in white smoke out of exhaust
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just swapped a cobra intake into my 5.0. I bypassed the coolant line to the throttle and blocked everything off. It was running just fine. Then i decided to run the coolant line to the throttle body. I ran the car for a few minutes then it just died. So the bypassed the coolant line again and took off the upper intake and dumped a bunch of coolant out. Put the upper intake back on and changed the oil cause coolant was mixed in with the oil. Started it up and runs fine but it has been blowing smoke for about 30 mins at idle and coolant is leaking out of the x-pipe just passed the cats. what could it be if anything and will the coolant just burn off after sometime. Not losing any coolant dont think its the head gasket.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a bad tb gasket, replace or block those lines. as for your motor make sure and flush the oil a couple of times. milkshake oil is not healthy.
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you accidentally dumped coolant into the combustion chamber, it will eventually be blown out. In the meantime, the car will run like poop. If it is actually dripping all the way down the exhaust, then you got a good amount of coolant in that bad boy. Be patient.

Check your oil again, after allowing the car to warm up and run for a few minutes, to make sure coolant isn't still making its way to the pan. If it is, post up again.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gonna let it run some more to day and drive it around to see if it clears up. Thanks for the help

--------------------

BlownNOSMustang
¯
Member # 158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlownNOSMustang  Ford pictures for BlownNOSMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seal All your coolant leaks. Run a pressure check on the cooling system. Good luck. Oh, Don't use silicone as a sealant on any gasket.

--------------------
1993 Hatch,363 CI,670 RWHP

Posts: 238 | From: Cow Town,USA. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

problem solved just needed to burn out the remaining coolant in the exhaust

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com