Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Supercharger ?'s

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Supercharger ?'s
robs1280
¯
Member # 3295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robs1280  Ford pictures for robs1280    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering what other parts would a need to safely run a vortech or powerdyne supercharger at a modest 6-8 psi? Would 24lb injectors be good enough? How about the stock fuel pump? If not, what fuel pump? Any other things besides these 2 parts....? Thanks in advance........
Posts: 87 | From: Redwood city | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you buy the kit from vortech you dont need anything else to run it.

it comes with a FMU (bandaid) to boost fuel pressure to use the stock fuel injectors, and a boost a pump to increase fuel pump flow.

if you want to run more boost, you have plenty of things to add to let you grow.

like getting rid of the FMU and running 36lb injectors (stock heads/cam/intake) or 42lb injectors, a walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump, and computer tuning, either doing it youself with a PMS or a twEECer R/T and a wideband o2 setup, or getting it dyno tuned.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a COMPLETE setup that will run 9lbs very safely if you are interested, for sale for cheap
Cobreezy
¯
Member # 1730

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobreezy  Ford pictures for Cobreezy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blind....I'm thinking of bypassing my FMU. How do go upon doing so?

--------------------
2003 Cobra (596 rwhp)
= #3956 of 8394 =
AED Tuned

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobreezy:
Blind....I'm thinking of bypassing my FMU. How do go upon doing so?

Don't install it...or disconnect it and hook the lines back up in the stock configuration.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by robs1280:
I was wondering what other parts would a need to safely run a vortech or powerdyne supercharger at a modest 6-8 psi? Would 24lb injectors be good enough? How about the stock fuel pump? If not, what fuel pump? Any other things besides these 2 parts....? Thanks in advance........

The most important things are to follow the directcions when installing the kit, give your car a fresh tune up, and and make sure your engine is in good working order.

If you have problems with your motor now and you bolt on the blower you are going to have bigger problems really soon.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
e89notch
¯
Member # 6610

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e89notch  Ford pictures for e89notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
powerdyne has worked for me..6psi..with 24lbs injector and 244lph pump

--------------------
Sleeper on the streets

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com