Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Manual windows to power?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Manual windows to power?
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 87 5.0 with manual windows and i want to switch to power windows, could i switch to a power door from a 90? How would i connect the windows so they work does my car have the connection already?

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Hot85Fifty
¯
Member # 6970

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Hot85Fifty  Ford pictures for Hot85Fifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id leave it as manual windows. Its just as easy and it weighs less. [Smile]
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need to switch doors plus get wiring harness and run it behind dashboard or underneath dashboard. I have some doors and wiring I'll switch for your manual doors.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Need to switch doors plus get wiring harness and run it behind dashboard or underneath dashboard. I have some doors and wiring I'll switch for your manual doors.

from what i was always told, the harness for the power windows is already there by the kick panel, no matter if it came with power windows or manual winodws the plug is there so all you would need to do is swap doors.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:

from what i was always told, the harness for the power windows is already there by the kick panel, no matter if it came with power windows or manual winodws the plug is there so all you would need to do is swap doors.
Not true. At least in My 1988 coupe it wasn't there or my 87 coupe. The main harness has the connector for it but not the wiring for the power windows and power locks.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

skeletor1987
¯
Member # 6597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeletor1987  Ford pictures for skeletor1987    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just leave them and save the weight, or totally forget about the windows and put in the nascar mesh windows! [Wink]

--------------------
1987 White LX Hatch
1993 White Mazda Miata

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by skeletor1987:
just leave them and save the weight, or totally forget about the windows and put in the nascar mesh windows! [Wink]

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

quote:
Originally posted by Hot85Fifty:
Id leave it as manual windows. Its just as easy and it weighs less. [Smile]

Cmon erich you already know the deal. [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

quote:

Thank you. What condition are your doors in? Color? Dings, dents? Thanks.

--------------------
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM

Hot85Fifty
¯
Member # 6970

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Hot85Fifty  Ford pictures for Hot85Fifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Razz] soo its fun to mess with you [Razz]
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:

That is correct
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com