Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What midpipe will fit a 99 with ford motorsport headers?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What midpipe will fit a 99 with ford motorsport headers?
sean04
¯
Member # 4863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sean04  Ford pictures for sean04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have tried a upr x for 99 and up and now I have tried a magnaflow 99 and up x pipe, neither of them would fit. They hit the k member on the passenger side before it could bolt up.

Maybe you need to run the 96-98 mid pipe with the ford motorsport headers since they say the headers are the same for the 96-2004s?

Anyways I have a brand new upr x pipe and a stainless steel magnaflow catted x for 99-04 mustang if anyone is interested

thanks

--------------------
Tuned by Jeff S. aka JeffTheTuna

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know when I put my midpipe on both the mach1 and the cobra, it was hitting the k member at 1st, I had to jockey it around slightly to get it to go up and in there.

IIRC, the UPR pipe is a 2 piece, so try and take them apart, pop it on the headers and then re assemble it where it needs to be. Thats what I did the 2nd time I put the x pipe on my mach (put in the cats) and it made it a little easier.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com