Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » manuel transmission fluid?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: manuel transmission fluid?
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a tremec t-5z transmision and i was wondering how to check and add oil to this anyone know?

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you know where the drain plug and fill plug are? they take about 2.5-3 bottles of redline atf when dry. you fill it up to the bottom of the fill plug.(it look's just like a plug on an intake)drain plugs underneath the fill plug. oh and it's on the pasenger side if i remember right! [patriot]

[ July 14, 2006, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: slowback67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
right on man thanks

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
conventional ATF...

I been powershifting my T5 for ages! Hasn't missed a beat

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GM synchro mesh is the BEST!

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use ATF Universal Automatic Tranny fluid in my 5 speed. Just topped it off yesterday :-) And yup the drain and fill plug are on the passenger side.

Pull the car up on ramps, then jack the rear up to level the car. I used a $5 fluid pump I got at the parts store and just pump the fluid strait from the bottle until it starts to drip out of the fill hole. Then you know its full. Be sure not to over-tighten the pulug or you can fuck up the fill hole on the housing. [patriot]

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here ya go:
http://www.mustangtuning.com/royal-purple-synchromax-manual-transmission-fluid.html

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/mustangtuning_1902_8181780

:

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com