Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How do you properly install stud mounted 1.6 roller rockers?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you properly install stud mounted 1.6 roller rockers?
robs1280
¯
Member # 3295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robs1280  Ford pictures for robs1280    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Exactly what the title states..... I am getting ready to install the rollers on my edelbrock heads and was wondering if someone can tell me step by step directions on how to tighten/adjust the studs on the rockers to spec? what is the torq specs?
Posts: 87 | From: Redwood city | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
88blackstanggt
¯
Member # 4654

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88blackstanggt  Ford pictures for 88blackstanggt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey man i went throught this same ordeal with my twisted wedge heads. the way i had read about and adjusted them before is to thread the nuts on until you are at zero lash(when the pushrod does not bounce up and down or move around at all), then give them a half turnfrom that point to preload the lifters. after that then just tighten down the lock nut or allen screw until it is tight, probably around 40-50 foot lbs. good luck with the build.
Andrew

[ June 25, 2006, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: 88blackstanggt ]

--------------------
2001 lightning all stock
1991 gt all stock
2005 kawasaki zx10r

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com