Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Edelbrock 6025 2.02intake 1.90 exhaust Alum.. ?????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Edelbrock 6025 2.02intake 1.90 exhaust Alum.. ?????
robs1280
¯
Member # 3295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robs1280  Ford pictures for robs1280    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will the valves on the Edelbrock 6025 (2.02 intake 1.90 exhaust) aluminum cylinder heads clear the stock pistons on a 5.0 liter engine? anyone out there have this combo on a stock short block? Please any info, getting ready to install these bad boys on sat......
Posts: 87 | From: Redwood city | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
robs1280
¯
Member # 3295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robs1280  Ford pictures for robs1280    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
*****CORRECTION*****1.60 Exhaust valves I mean, not 1.90........
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what cam?
i run holley 2.02 heads on stock shortblock with stock cam,but edeldrocks are not holleys,so...
only way to know for sure,you have to clay them.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with a stock cam? not something i would chance with the stock vavle events

[ June 21, 2006, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: phil a ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely check piston to valve clearance [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
robs1280
¯
Member # 3295

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for robs1280  Ford pictures for robs1280    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How would I check piston to valve clearance? I know you goes are talking about clay, put where do you put the clay? On top of piston? How much of it? Do I put the clay, then the cylinder heads and then check to see if the clay got on the bottom of the cylinder heads( clay on the valves)? Whats up, or is there a specialty tool. It is not the stock cam by the way, The guy that sold it to me didn't know what cam was in the engine [Roll Eyes]
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With the heads off, you put a flat piece of clay on the piston tops then install the heads with some old HG's and torque them down. Try to make the piece a nice flat shape but I forgot the thickness.

Then turn the engine a couple of times with a wrench to make sure the particular cylinder goes thru all 4 strokes.

Then remove the heads and check out if the valves hit the top of the piston. If it didn't than you are set! You should see the valve imprint if you are not getting enough p to v clearance.

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, no disrespect, but just take the motor somewhere and have it done professionally. Putting a motor together right is so crucial. If you are not 100% sure the piston to valve clearance is ok then you are risking putting a valve through a piston, and im sure you don't want that.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Performer RPM Ford

* Designed for non-emissions 289, 302, and 351-Windsor Ford engines
* Maximum performance in the 1500-6500 rpm range for high performance street
* 1.90" intake valves are for use with stock pistons
* High-flow 2.02" intake valves are for use with pistons notched for valve clearance

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was thread similar to this that i responded to awhile back. I'll let you know that my friend has a stock '93 bottom end 302 with an E-cam and the Edelbrock heads with 2.02 and 1.60 valves that we installed and they cleared fine with 1.6 rockers. We did clay the pistons first and they cleared. Even though his cleared with an E-cam i would still recommend you using clay just to be sure.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clay it!!!! Its super easy. I did an RPM 2.02 valve head set up with an E- cam and 1.6 rockers and it wasnt even close to clearing.

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
There was thread similar to this that i responded to awhile back. I'll let you know that my friend has a stock '93 bottom end 302 with an E-cam and the Edelbrock heads with 2.02 and 1.60 valves that we installed and they cleared fine with 1.6 rockers. We did clay the pistons first and they cleared. Even though his cleared with an E-cam i would still recommend you using clay just to be sure.

thats what i was just gonna say [dance]
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com