Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » good mechanic in the bay?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: good mechanic in the bay?
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my 93 gt I recently replaced my cluch, flywheel, cable and quadrant, and put in a rebulit wc t-5. Ever since then ive had issues with the clutch not disengauging and possibly slipping. The check engine light is on and ive had problems hooking up with the code scaner. Im looking for a good shop in the bay area or somone to help me out. Im frustrated and would like to pay mechanic asap to dial it in. Any sugestions?

[ June 04, 2006, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: illwill510 ]

Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you change the throw out bearing? They go bad in a hurry and can cause the sounds you are describing.

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will, you might want to take it to JonhB.... or Brandon(silverlx) Send him a PM and see if he can help you out.
good luck. [patriot] [patriot]

[ June 05, 2006, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try Mostly Mustangs in Oakland, at 510-893-2113. I used to work there, and it's a quality shop that has been doing Mustangs for almost 30 years.
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I changed the throw out bearing during the origional clutch install.

I cant do Oakland.
I want to get this done asap. Beer and money for yor time. thanks

[ June 05, 2006, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: illwill510 ]

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ABC Mustangs in hayward
picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
Try Mostly Mustangs in Oakland, at 510-893-2113. I used to work there, and it's a quality shop that has been doing Mustangs for almost 30 years.

Hey Phildog. I was thinking of dropping by there to check on some prices for a few things. How's the labor rate there? I was trying to find some reviews on the internet but couldn't find any. Expensive, fair, low?
Posts: 68 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
cdog301
¯
Member # 5136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdog301  Ford pictures for cdog301    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mostly Mustangs owner Jack is a stand up guy good work always fair price can't go wrong! My stang has many hours there!
Phil aint so bad either! [worship]

[ June 09, 2006, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: cdog301 ]

--------------------
1992 Notch
Dss Pro Bullet
Afr 165's
GT40 U/L
Bassani X w/cats
and other goodies!!!!!!!
I love MOSTLY MUSTANGS OAKLAND CA

Posts: 386 | From: Richmond CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hear nothing but good things about Mostly Mustangs.. i went to check out the shop a while ago with a buddy and they are very cool people. Fairly priced and get work done very quickly.. check em out.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

i will check them out. thank you
picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I called them Thursday and talked to a guy named Richard. Said the owner was gone for the day already. But said to comeby Monday. I'm there!They are closed Fri, Sat, and Sun. Open Mon-Thurs 10hr days.
Posts: 68 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com