Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Chip question?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Chip question?
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SCT Chip with X Calibrator Version 1 from a 99 cobra. Do you guys think that this will work for my MACH???

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that the X-Cal mates itself to the car it is being used on and cannpt be used on another car unless you pay an sct dealer to reconfigure it.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO does this mean that I have to pay for a new tune and also pay for it to be unlocked? I searched around on the xcal website and found nothing.

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you have to have the original owner erase his car from the xcaliber, my friend bought a used xcaliber and just had the original owner delete his car info off the tunner.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com