Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » central coast mustang- lookin into longblock

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: central coast mustang- lookin into longblock
bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anone have the contact info for central coast mustang. I went to www.centralcoastmustang.com and the site does not have much. Any help would be great. thanks.

[ May 24, 2006, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: bullitt4110 ]

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06
-SOLD: Whippled 03 Cobra
-SOLD: Vortech'd 01 Bullitt #4110

Tweeeeka
¯
Member # 882

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweeeeka  Ford pictures for Tweeeeka    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Central Coast Mustang
426 N. Curry
Tehachapi, CA 93561
(661) 823-2400

What are you planning on buying from them? They did me good on a set of MAC headers that were defective, sent out a new set without even asking for the old ones back(the side that was defective was good in the second set, but the other side was defective in the new set).

But they burned me on a supposedly "new" longblock.

Posts: 36 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That number has been diconnected. I was referred to them for a longblock. I am looking for a decent long block for my 5.0, its going to be pretty much a daily driver.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06

Tweeeeka
¯
Member # 882

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweeeeka  Ford pictures for Tweeeeka    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meh, I would pass on getting a longblock from them then.

The longblock I got from them was suppossedly new. The damn thing leaks oil like no tommorrow. Leaked from day 1 when I put it in. I changed all the seals, even speedy sleeved the crank, but it still leaks.

The price was good but the quality was not.

It leaks so bad that I have a FRPP shortblock on a stand in my garage waiting to replace it.

Tweeeeka
¯
Member # 882

And actually when I went to their shop to have the heads replaced. They looked empty as hell(crappy hand tools all over the floor, no machine shop, no engines, just a shopping cart full of cheap looking rocker arms). So with a poor website, a disconnected phone #, and being all the way out in Tehachapi, I wouldn't give them any money for a longblock.
Tweeeeka
¯
Member # 882

n/m double post

[ May 25, 2006, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Tweeeeka ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've purchased no fewer than 5 engines from them in the past 3 years. All are in members cars and are still running great. Maybe I got good runs of the bunch, who knows. So I guess business isn't so good for them anymore. It happens.

On a side note, if you've replaced all the gaskets...and it still leaks...you may want to find out where it's leaking from. There aren't many sources...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CMELEVU  Ford pictures for CMELEVU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, I bought my current long block from them over 2 years ago. The only problem I have is a leaking rear main. But rather than to sit here and bitch about it, I just take care of it. Suprises me that they might be doing bad.
Posts: 201 | From: Marysville | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CMELEVU:
wow, I bought my current long block from them over 2 years ago. The only problem I have is a leaking rear main. But rather than to sit here and bitch about it, I just take care of it. Suprises me that they might be doing bad.

Damn the man is just posting His personal experience with them so cut Him some slack. I would want to hear the good and the bad when purchasing something. JMHO.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CMELEVU  Ford pictures for CMELEVU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Damn the man is just posting His personal experience with them so cut Him some slack. I would want to hear the good and the bad when purchasing something. JMHO.
HOLY CHRIST, this is why the internet sucks ass. I get on these boards and all f-in day long, i read all these complaints about certain shops or this member f-ed me over. I was just stating that instead of whining about a small thing just f-ing take care of it. Thats all, I'm done.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

HOLY CHRIST, this is why the internet sucks ass. I get on these boards and all f-in day long, i read all these complaints about certain shops or this member f-ed me over. I was just stating that instead of whining about a small thing just f-ing take care of it. Thats all, I'm done.
Take a zanex! The guy said He already replaced all the gasket's and sleeved the rear main so He is'nt just whining and sitting around is He? It was'nt like I jumped on You and pulled out the [BS flag] . As far as reading all the complaint's about certain shop's that's alway's going to go around on any site so just skip them if they bother You. I Just thought You were a little hard on the guy for posting His experience with the builder and was'nt trying to start any drama. [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

As was I only posting my experience. But hey whatever.
bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

there is water leaking out of the head gasket. I think for now I will just do the head gaskets and new bolt in the heads and see if that solves the problem.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06

CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

I'm no expert by no means, but if you can swing it, have the heads checked for cracks. espeasially if they are aluminum. Just a pre-cautionary step.
bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

They are stock for now. I will if I keep the stock ones. I am looking into getting some other heads though. Are the iron GT40 heads any good? Or should I just go for aluminum? I am on a budget also. Thanks.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06

CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

One of the things that I have heard was the gt-40's might require new headers because of the exhaust port.
TrickRacer50
¯
Member # 6345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrickRacer50  Ford pictures for TrickRacer50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call Brian at http://www.adperformance.com He has the best prices. His shipping is cheap also. Guys swear by him on the corral.

No matter what you do I would atleast talk to him IMHO

TrickRacer50
¯
Member # 6345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrickRacer50  Ford pictures for TrickRacer50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
One of the things that I have heard was the gt-40's might require new headers because of the exhaust port.

You can run GT40P heads lamost any header, but you have to get the spark plugs with shorter electrodes.
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a new longblock from them a few years back and it ran hard and never had any problems with it, never leaked, nothing. But things can change...I had a good experience.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com