Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » blinker issues on 1966

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: blinker issues on 1966
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just picked up a 66 and the previous owners jacked the wiring when they installed an aftermarket radio. i cleaned it all up and my blinkers do not work at all. what to do? who is the old school mustang man?
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 67 was cool, til I put it in that guys living room.

[burnout]

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did they work before? make sure the bulbs arent burnt out. the two secondary wires that go to the blinkers are easy to mix up cause one is black and the other is black with a tiny yellow stripe on it. start at the bulb and trace it back to the steering column, something that works good is a multimeter on the continuity setting.

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
did they work before? make sure the bulbs arent burnt out. the two secondary wires that go to the blinkers are easy to mix up cause one is black and the other is black with a tiny yellow stripe on it. start at the bulb and trace it back to the steering column, something that works good is a multimeter on the continuity setting.

thanx-is there a ignition i can tap into so the aftermarket radio saves its settings?
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there should be a radio wire there somewhere under the dash. i know u said someone fuked up the wiring so they might have used it for something else. i would highly reccomend just getting a painless wiring harness and installing it or having it installe. it has everything done for you and it comes with extra wires for a radio and aftermarket accessories like a fan. definitely worth the $549 they charge at summit

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check all of your fuses first.

Do your brake lights work? they use the same wire to make them brighter that the turn signal uses.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
there should be a radio wire there somewhere under the dash. i know u said someone fuked up the wiring so they might have used it for something else. i would highly reccomend just getting a painless wiring harness and installing it or having it installe. it has everything done for you and it comes with extra wires for a radio and aftermarket accessories like a fan. definitely worth the $549 they charge at summit

That would be the best FIX!

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com