Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » what engine block can i get now???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what engine block can i get now???
e89notch
¯
Member # 6610

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e89notch  Ford pictures for e89notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I need a new block for my 89 5.0 notch..i was looking for the fms-m-6009-b50..which is the 302 short block, but ford racing discontinued it..so now i dont know what to get..i need a block pretty much ready for a cam,heads..etc...pretty much how the 302 short block use to be..can anyone tell me what else i can do or get..thanx guys.

--------------------
Sleeper on the streets

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dss or chp

google is your friend

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of power do you plan to be making? Power adder?

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Edit

[ May 09, 2006, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO ]

--------------------
*NorCal

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think he means a stock style production block, brand new.... Check on the 5.0 magazines I always see them there- TTT [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that b50 part number is a sportsman block. I don't know if you can get a "brand new" roller 302 anymore.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
e89notch
¯
Member # 6610

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e89notch  Ford pictures for e89notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well im going to supercharge it..i got new tfs twisted wedge heads,e303 cam,trick flow intake manifold.24lbs injectors,70mm bbk throttle body and egr plate,mass airflow sensor,so now i need a new block..cause on my original block my oil pump went out and i ran my car for lik 40miles wihout oil pumping into the engine..my mechanic said there were no heat sports..so the thing he can do is take out everything,clean and bore out the inside, put new rings and bearings..but he said with the money i pay to do all that i can get a new block..but now that i cant find the block i need im going to have to go ahead and use my old block and pay that money to have it rebuilt pretty much, unless there is a block out there..damn ford racing..i wonder why they stopped making the 5.0 302 short block!!..thanx guys

--------------------
Sleeper on the streets

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You don't need a "brand new" engine block. A brand new 2-bolt production 302 will give no more rigidity than a seasoned one.

Don't buy the B50 for your mods unless you are pushing big numbers. A stock bored over 302 can last you approximately 450-500+ if you monitor everything well and your engine builder/machinest is experienced. Anything over that than you would need a Dart or R-302 block.

Talk to local engine builders around your area. They will give you an idea of how much everything costs and what it entails. Then compare that with "your mechanic" and chose wisely.

And don't put $1000 parts in a $100 block or vice versa.

95331StrimVert
¯
Member # 6250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95331StrimVert  Ford pictures for 95331StrimVert  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a brand new production XXX block 4 sale. It has billet main caps and a stud girdle installed. The work was done by top of the hill performance Livermore CA, a few years back. This was one of the Ford blocks sold by Summit racing. Take $800…

--------------------
95331StrimVert

Posts: 398 | From: Martinez ca | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
TrickRacer50
¯
Member # 6345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrickRacer50  Ford pictures for TrickRacer50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will be pushing a stock block to the limits and eventually it will break. I would get a Dart block.

Call Brian at ADperformance.com. He has the best prices. For antoher $1000 you could get a Dart block and be done..IMHO

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com