Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » WHATS THE BEST HOOD LOCK?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WHATS THE BEST HOOD LOCK?
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WELL IM ABOUT TO PUT SOME HOOD LOCKS ON MY FIBERGLASS HARWOOD HOOD AND WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS THE BEST FOR IT I HAVE BOTH TYPES OF LOCKS,THE ONE WITH THE KEY AND I HAVE ONE WITH THE PINS THAT GO THROUGH THE MIDDLE,WHICH ONE IS THE BEST ONE AND MOST SECURE ONE SO I KNOW THE HOOD WILL NOT FLY UP,LMK THANK YOU

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use the hood pins, with little locks in them instead of the pins. I have a four point pin on and a bolt on hood. And it works for both. Although the key system will be more secure. But I couldnt find a set deep enough for my bolt on.

[ May 02, 2006, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DOPE 50:
WELL IM ABOUT TO PUT SOME HOOD LOCKS ON MY FIBERGLASS HARWOOD HOOD AND WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS THE BEST FOR IT I HAVE BOTH TYPES OF LOCKS,THE ONE WITH THE KEY AND I HAVE ONE WITH THE PINS THAT GO THROUGH THE MIDDLE,WHICH ONE IS THE BEST ONE AND MOST SECURE ONE SO I KNOW THE HOOD WILL NOT FLY UP,LMK THANK YOU

What's up Dan, The pins are more secure than the locks (especially if you have the cheap "spectre" ones from kragen and sold online)  - . Mr. Gasket sells hood locks that are made out of a better metal  - , but the pins are definitely safer. The locks can shift and loosen while the pins are always in there.
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
By the way I have had both of those hood locks (had to buy the Mr. Gasket ones because the Spectre ones broke when I was locking them) and I wish I would have just gone with a direct fit, no locks. Honestly if you install the stock locking clip and and safety latch correctly then you will be fine.
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com