Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Pic of my Dyno Graph...Ideas? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pic of my Dyno Graph...Ideas?
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well here it is. Looks great until all hell breaks loose at 5900.

-

I'm open to suggestions [Confused]

[ April 25, 2006, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any data logs?

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man dude you through it in Reverse at the end there or what? [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
any data logs?

You would have to ask Shaun, 93Pony. I'm not sure if he saved any of it.

--------------------
AED

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats the way you will get to the bottom of it.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll double check the log, but I don't remember seeing anything unusual. We were in a bit of a time crunch though.....

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking great upto 5900,valve float?
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Compression ratio and plugs you're running with gap?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is your fuel system up to task volume wise?
BlacksheepMod50
¯
Member # 2378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacksheepMod50  Ford pictures for BlacksheepMod50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew,

Thats great that you got your car dynod, but that is one messed up graph. Your car has always had problems - Is this still a continuation of the original issue that you had related to not being able to rev, or did you get that whole thing closed out?

Ryan

--------------------
98 4.6, stroked to 5.0, all forged, 11:1 comp, cams, LTs, Tubular K-member & A-Arms, Coilovers, Saleen rims, 99+ mani., ported F150 heads. And more..

Posts: 288 | From: Fair Oaks (Sacramento) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlacksheepMod50:
Drew,

Thats great that you got your car dynod, but that is one messed up graph. Your car has always had problems - Is this still a continuation of the original issue that you had related to not being able to rev, or did you get that whole thing closed out?

Ryan

Appears to be the same problem [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
AED

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heres a solution...

T.O.P.'s on my 00GT [Smile] wont have the same power but will have no idling or reving problems..i could always deal with a 400rwhp+ mustang with a reving problem [Razz] jk..

nice numbers [Smile] hope u get the problem fixed!

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dynoguy  Ford pictures for dynoguy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like you have reached the limit of something. My first guess would be vavle control.Looks like the A/F ratio stayed fairly consistent so it seems unlikely to be spark or fuel related. The data log should confirm the health of those.
Not sure whats in this car other than the obvious blower, I'd be interested to see if there was a similar dropoff at that rpm before you went forced induction. How about some blower belt slip?
I'm also guessing this dyno isn't putting a load on the car.
You aren't really expecting it to pull to 7k are you?

[ April 25, 2006, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: dynoguy ]

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dynoguy:
Looks like you have reached the limit of something. My first guess would be vavle control.Looks like the A/F ratio stayed fairly consistent so it seems unlikely to be spark or fuel related. The data log should confirm the health of those.
Not sure whats in this car other than the obvious blower, I'd be interested to see if there was a similar dropoff at that rpm before you went forced induction. That would support the vavle float theory. If it was fine before, perhaps you have maxed out your current airflow potential.

the car is N/A

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Not sure whats in this car other than the obvious blower, I'd be interested to see if there was a similar dropoff at that rpm before you went forced induction. That would support the vavle float theory. If it was fine before, perhaps you have maxed out your current airflow potential.

Who said anything about a blower?

Blowers are bandaids [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dynoguy  Ford pictures for dynoguy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, thats pretty impressive then. sorta rules out belt slip too :-)
Tell me alittle about whats in it

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Belt slip? Worried his alternator isn't charging?

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

this car is so damn beautiful!! makes me wanna sell my 00GT and get another one of these...well except this time itll have a 5.0 instead of a 4.6 [Big Grin]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Thanks for the link FasterDamnit. This is definatly not the typical Mustang that i see every other day.
Very nice car! Sounds like he's got serious skills too.

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:

Belt slip? Worried his alternator isn't charging?

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/

Seriously though. Could my little racing battery be causing me problems up top? What if there is some sort of problem with the main wire from the alternator? [Confused]

BTW, thanks for the complements guys. Hope I can get this fixed and see what she can really do! [burnout]

--------------------
AED

dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Guys, the belt slip comment was poking fun at myself, i don't know the car so when i saw the dyno sheet up in the 400+ hp range I assumed it was blown like most 400hp mustangs.

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Guys, the belt slip comment was poking fun at myself, i don't know the car so when i saw the dyno sheet up in the 400+ hp range I assumed it was blown like most 400hp mustangs.

I knew you were kidding at that point.

But I'm seriously wondering if a voltage drop at high RPMs may be causing this.

--------------------
AED

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of racing battery do you have? I believe the alternator should be giving you your power at those high RPM's though I'm not sure.

Spark blowing out?

Perhaps you are reaching the limit of your heads (porting)? Perhaps hot spots in the combustion chamber? That make a more erratic a/f though.

Computer issues at high rpms?

Just throwing stuff out there.

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

I knew you were kidding at that point.

But I'm seriously wondering if a voltage drop at high RPMs may be causing this.

Maybe not so much as a Drop but more that your demand generates more then your supply can handle? Couldn't hurt to switch out to a bigger battery.

[ April 26, 2006, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX' ]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have an aftermarket ignition box? maybe try a bigger power and ground wires [Confused]
or trade for both my 94's [worship]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com