Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Which Tranny

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which Tranny
90hogg
¯
Member # 5313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90hogg  Ford pictures for 90hogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My t-5 blew in my 92 notch wit 331, tf twisted wedges, typhoon intake(soon 2 b track heat) and the rest of the bolt ons. Would a new t-5 hold up or should i get a wc t-5, tko etc.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would upgrade. A 3550 or TKO would be good. A T56 conversion would be the best [Smile]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A 3550 would be the easiest route to go.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
A 3550 would be the easiest route to go.

Except for the fact that its discontinued. You can probbably find a used 3550 on Corral.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
90hogg
¯
Member # 5313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90hogg  Ford pictures for 90hogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was looking at the tko 500. I would be out of about $2350 including the bellhousing, clutch etc. Just wanted to see if there were other options I could take before I spent that money.
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A Good used 3550 will be more then enough. Thats what I run and it works great. Don't have to worry about getting a different clutch either. Just need the Bell housing.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you could do a G force T5 and keep all your old stuff. The TKO's are bad too though!

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
90hogg
¯
Member # 5313

What else is needed to do a t56 swap other than the tranny of course?
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey 90hogg, sorry to butt in, im in desperate need of tranny help too...

whats stangs come with the T-56's?????

just like 90hogg said what else do u need, to do a t-56 swap???? thanks

--------------------
DRIVE IT TILL THE FU**IN WHEELS
FALL OFF...

Posts: 723 | From: San Jose, Cali. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
I Fear No Five O
¯
Member # 5185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Fear No Five O  Ford pictures for I Fear No Five O    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA:
whats stangs come with the T-56's?????

03-04 Mustang Cobra's came with the T-56's from the factory. Just FYI, www.ddperformance.com and sells complete T-56 conversion kits that come with everything needed for the conversion plus a balanced driveshaft for about $2500. You can also try www.ampperformance.com their kit is around the same price range.

- Tim

[ April 26, 2006, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: I Fear No Five O ]

--------------------
"Haha, he's joking...It feels SO good when he jokes!" - Vince Vaughn, Wedding Crashers

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com