Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » installing 1.6 pedestal roller rockers??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: installing 1.6 pedestal roller rockers??
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i will be installing a set of rockers on a set of GT40 heads but would like to know if there is any specific way to install them. I know that they must be torqued to spec, but will I have to do anything particular besides bolt them down?

Also, if I do not get the 1.6's, will stock (non GT40) rockers from my stock heads fit alright on the GT40 heads?

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

93Stang
¯
Member # 4549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Stang  Ford pictures for 93Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just torque them to spec..

some say the pistons need to be at TDC but i just put mine in, by torquen'm down

i think it all depends on your cam size

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so as for the stock (non GT40) rockers, they will work with the GT40 heads depending on the cam? Right now, the car has a very mild cam in it (unknown specs) and I am running the stock heads with stock rockers. can I safely say that they will work on the GT40 heads since they are currently working fine with the stock heads? [Confused]

--------------------

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone???

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can use your stock rocker arms, but just wait and get some 1.6's. no sense in tearing it all down to swap heads and then have to partially tear it back down to do RR's a few weeks later. safe some money on gaskets.

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com