Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how much is it to change 302 to 347???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how much is it to change 302 to 347???
23boy5.0
¯
Member # 5511

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 23boy5.0  Ford pictures for 23boy5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY TO BORE MY BLOCK FROM A 302 TO 347. I ALREADY KNOW SOMEBODY TO ASSEMBLE IT, AND I CAN PUT IT IN MYSELF. CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW MUCH I WILL BE LOOKIN AT, THANKS
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your going to need the block bored, honed, and clearanced. You are also going to need a new crank, rods, pistons plus rings, bearings etc.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

23boy5.0
¯
Member # 5511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23boy5.0  Ford pictures for 23boy5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i know that, i just wanna know how much the work to the block cost. i know where to buy the kit, and i know somebody who can assemble it. I just need to know the price for the block work
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
which kit?

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pm stoauto, think he still work at robs auto machine shop in hayward, good work [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

TrickRacer50
¯
Member # 6345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrickRacer50  Ford pictures for TrickRacer50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The prices depend on who does the work and where.

It is about $150 to bore the block .030 over and about an hours labor to get the kit clearanced. Then you could spend extra money on having the block plate honed.

It costs about $150-$300 to balance the kit (dampner to clutch). I forgot the cost to deck. Before you deck and and balance the block you have to pay someone to mock up the motor to check for interference problems. Then give the block back to the shop to finish. Not sure the cost to let the shop check this.

In Marin, I paid $1800 for a balancer, pushrods, mill and verify head cc's, check valves, balance, blueprint, bore, plate hone, mag, hot-tank, deck, check line hone, and mockup.

If you call Brian at ADperformance.com he can get you a 347 assembled and shipped to your door for around $2200! Cheap!

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
judging by the way you stated the question, WAY too much [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
23boy5.0
¯
Member # 5511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23boy5.0  Ford pictures for 23boy5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

what do u mean by the way stated the question?
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 23boy5.0:
quote:

im going to take a guess and say he means it doesnt sound like you know much about cars or how to work on them.

with that aside, you would need the block to be bored, honed, and i would also recommend getting the block decked. i'd say just machine work your lookin at about 5-700 bucks

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Agreed! [patriot]
23boy5.0
¯
Member # 5511

quote:
Originally posted by 92coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by 23boy5.0:
quote:

im going to take a guess and say he means it doesnt sound like you know much about cars or how to work on them.

with that aside, you would need the block to be bored, honed, and i would also recommend getting the block decked. i'd say just machine work your lookin at about 5-700 bucks

Justin

i know plenty about cars , and work on them all of the time, i guess i asked the qustion like i didnt though, thats my bad. thanks for all the feedback,

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com