Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » can someone tell me

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: can someone tell me
thoroughbred
¯
Member # 6651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for thoroughbred  Ford pictures for thoroughbred    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what year rotors do I get for the 5lug swap on my stang?
The car already has them on it, but I need to treplace them and don't know what the specific year it is. I ordered what I thought was correct(93 Mark VII), but when the rotors came they were wrong.
Can someone tell me what year EXACTLY do I get?
I ordered a set of drilled & slotted rotors, but they were wrong.

--------------------
'95 v6 -sold
'85 ex chp notch -sold
'85 lx - sold
'98 nitrous fed gt vert -sold
'89 black lx -show car

Posts: 46 | From: s. san jose | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't know what you have on your car then you will need to figure that out first [Smile]

Try posting pics of the rotors up here and maybe someone can tell you. Otherwise take one of them off the car, bring it to the auto parts store, and have them try to match it.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
thoroughbred
¯
Member # 6651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for thoroughbred  Ford pictures for thoroughbred    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i'll do that.
What was strange was when the rotors came they were just plain rotors.
The ones I need are the "HUB" style...you know, the ones that have the wheel studs on them and use bearings(just like the stock fox front rotors)
The 2 they deliverd were just plain rotors with out the studs(like sn95 front rotors)

I'll get pics up today

--------------------
'95 v6 -sold
'85 ex chp notch -sold
'85 lx - sold
'89 black lx -show car

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need a set of rotors for a Lincoln Mark 7. 93 Models were Mark 8's, hense the 2 piece design...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
thoroughbred
¯
Member # 6651

so can you tell me what year the 1 piece was?
I know someone on this site is running Mark VII rotors up front. What year is it?

--------------------
'95 v6 -sold
'85 ex chp notch -sold
'85 lx - sold
'89 black lx -show car

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it was 83-91ish. Go with a 1987 Lincoln Mark 7, this is the year I always use.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
thoroughbred
¯
Member # 6651

thank you sir [patriot]

--------------------
'95 v6 -sold
'85 ex chp notch -sold
'85 lx - sold
'89 black lx -show car

bookoo
¯
Member # 6304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookoo  Ford pictures for bookoo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah they come off of late 80s lincoln mark 7s. not sure exactly though

--------------------
50Reasons:member
prev name "hoppin50"
"Yeah whatever"

92 notch 89 & 93 vert
03 explorer 95 silverado
95 cbr 900 RR (2) 63 cadi's
93 blazer

Posts: 131 | From: sac town/n. highlands | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com