Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » FUEL PUMP QUESTION ?HELP ASAP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: FUEL PUMP QUESTION ?HELP ASAP
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i just put a new pump in my 89 gt and i turned the key on, and nothing happened, i cant hear the fucker, they tank is on the floor not on the car, it has no fuel whatsoever, so my question is DOES THE FUEL COMES ON EVEN WITH NO FUEL, or does the leveler sends a signals when it gets some fuel in, please i need some quick thanks
Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondWHT5OH  Ford pictures for DiamondWHT5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres a push button in the rear of the car driver side there is a pannel u have to take off and it resets the pump..
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED1:
theres a push button in the rear of the car driver side there is a pannel u have to take off and it resets the pump..

That is the inertia switch, i did that already, but i need to know if the fuel pump works with resistance from the leveler or not?

[ March 26, 2006, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: yohuallin ]

DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondWHT5OH  Ford pictures for DiamondWHT5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try puting the tank back up in the car and put some gas in it..
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

quote:
Originally posted by RED1:
try puting the tank back up in the car and put some gas in it..

i really dont want to do all that and then realize the new pump is bad, and have to take it out again...
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i saw in mm&ff were they hook up a battery booster to a fuel pump to remove the extra fuel in the tank, and the tank was totally off the car...good luck
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com