Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » P-51 intake opinions?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: P-51 intake opinions?
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm thinkig of getting rid of my P-51 intake.Are there better ones on the market right now? Any help would be appreciated,thanx [patriot]

--------------------
"sure officer, it's stock".

BlacksheepMod50
¯
Member # 2378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacksheepMod50  Ford pictures for BlacksheepMod50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curiosity - What is the matter with your P-51?

--------------------
98 4.6, stroked to 5.0, all forged, 11:1 comp, cams, LTs, Tubular K-member & A-Arms, Coilovers, Saleen rims, 99+ mani., ported F150 heads. And more..

Posts: 288 | From: Fair Oaks (Sacramento) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if u decide to sell it let me know i will be interested [patriot]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only thing i've had to compare it to is the stock manifold so I was just curious if any one thought their were better ones out on the market. I would like an intake that works well under high boost and nitrous. [burnout] [patriot]

--------------------

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Ford Racing Performance parts or bullitt intake is much better than the P-51 intake and on top of that, The FRPP and bullitt intakes are smog legal while the P-51 or Richerad Racing intakes are not.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
SilverScab
¯
Member # 6092

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverScab  Ford pictures for SilverScab    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
The Ford Racing Performance parts or bullitt intake is much better than the P-51 intake

What are you basing this on? What info do you have to support the Bullit is a better intake with high boost and nitrous?
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

So what is the best intake for high boost and nitrous?

--------------------

18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know theres the spyder intake for the 4.6 http://www.coasthigh.com/Fuel%20Injection/images/spyder2.jpg
and there is also RR intake
http://www.earthstores.com/fioreperformanceparts/images/rr46intake2.jpg

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

So does anyone know which one is better (spider intake)(richard racing)(p-51)(bullit)(ford racing) for my application? [Confused]

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bullit is good, but only worth ~200rpm increase in RPM/power so it's not much better than stock.

P51....well, you have it & from the independant testing I've seen it's about 2hp better than stock....& that's AFTER it's properly ported.

Richard is ment for very high RPM. You'll lose significant power under 5000rpm. One of our customers has one, I swapped it out for a stocker & he said it felt MUCH better on the street. If you go Richard you should swap to steep gears to take full advantage of the RPM band.

Spider intakes are typically the least restrictive of the bunch....& will make the most power. You need to make sure everything lines up correctly, port the intake if needed & again swap gears to match the added RPM increase.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Thanx Sean looks like Spider intake is the winner. [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------

BlacksheepMod50
¯
Member # 2378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacksheepMod50  Ford pictures for BlacksheepMod50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is not a spyder intake for the 4.6. On their page is says for a "460". I called CHP and they said they do not have any intakes for the mod motors.

Shaun - Do you know different? I know this is your industry so I look to you for knowledge on this one. BTW - I saw you driving down madison the other day on my way to the base, car is looking good man.

--------------------
98 4.6, stroked to 5.0, all forged, 11:1 comp, cams, LTs, Tubular K-member & A-Arms, Coilovers, Saleen rims, 99+ mani., ported F150 heads. And more..

Posts: 288 | From: Fair Oaks (Sacramento) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you blown, nitrous, built motor? A lot of high power 4.6 modular’s are using the RR intake. As stated it makes great power up high but losses some down low. Most of the cars I see and hear of are high power, high rev’d (7000 rpm), centrifugal blowers, which are all top end power. I know you could get them with a standard throttle body or a oval, when I was looking into them they recommended a the standard throttle body as it produces a little bit more torque down low, but I am not sure as I have never seen a comparison dyno graph.

--------------------
03 gt black
out with the NOVI, in with t-76 :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8T3y9bkGU

Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Yes I have a high horsepower engine. I have'nt looked into the spider intake yet. Does'nt Sulliven make an intake that fits the 2valve or are they just for the 4valve crowd

--------------------

r3dn3ck
¯
Member # 3192

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r3dn3ck  Ford pictures for r3dn3ck  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know I'm a little late and I'll catch hell for this but the best I've seen for cost/performance is about to go on sale from hiperformancesolutions.com

Check em out. They're also coming out with an intake for 5.4L 2V that is supposed to come close or actually fit under a stock hood.

Another good looking one is the professional-products Typhoon but I have yet to see any performance results from it.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement. Via O'Connor

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Tanx, i'll check out the website. [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com