Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Which drag radial is the best?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which drag radial is the best?
mf150
¯
Member # 6526

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mf150  Ford pictures for mf150  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BFG
MTs
Hoosier
Nitto

--------------------
BDRA #83

Posts: 72 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nitto is the best everyday tire, bfg or mt for best traction. Dont know about the hoosier

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

mf150
¯
Member # 6526

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mf150  Ford pictures for mf150  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking to run the 1320" and still be able to drive it on the road/freeway.

Was thinking MT or BFG...do you think these grip better than teh nitto 555r?

ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had nitto 555R...they were badazzz...good street tire.....launch hella fat when there nice and warm...and they last for a good amount of time.....

--------------------
DRIVE IT TILL THE FU**IN WHEELS
FALL OFF...

Posts: 723 | From: San Jose, Cali. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mf150:
looking to run the 1320" and still be able to drive it on the road/freeway.

Was thinking MT or BFG...do you think these grip better than teh nitto 555r?

yes, but you will give up tread life, and drivability in adverse conditions over the nitto.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

mysnakebyts
¯
Member # 4099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysnakebyts  Ford pictures for mysnakebyts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bfg hooks the best not good daily use great for the track.

--------------------
rondezi

mf150
¯
Member # 6526

Yeah, I have BFG KDWs for the street. I also have two extra wheels that I hope to use for the drag radials.

Only time these drag radials will be on my car is when I drive up to the track, run the quarter mile, and drive home.

I live in San Francisco, and I will be going to Sac Raceway.

Do you think teh BFG DRs or MT DRs will hold up for occasional track use and the trip to and from the track?

or is it better to change out the tires at the track?

mf150
¯
Member # 6526

I'm hearing several different views...Mustangworld.com says that the Hoosiers are the best (for hooking).

SVT performance.com says that the MTs are the best (for hooking).

and this place says that BFGs hook teh best!

LMFAO...I'm going crazy.

Should I just run nittos and have fun with them on the way up to the track, at the track, and on the way home? Remember, I live in SF and I am going to Sac Raceway...

will teh MTs or BFGs hold up to 100 extra miles after a night at teh track?

--------------------
BDRA #83

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MT's are hands down the best DR out right now

look at the psca, they are going 8.0 on a 275/60, that is hookin

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look at most cars out there..alot more run the M/T....u cant go wrong wit M/T...

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

mf150
¯
Member # 6526

yeah...by a flip of a coin, I decided to try teh MTs...should be fun... [Big Grin]
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
MT's are hands down the best DR out right now

look at the psca, they are going 8.0 on a 275/60, that is hookin

PSCA Wild Street Dude went 7.74's testing on a 275/60 Mickey T
[Eek!]

[ March 18, 2006, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAssMaro ]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some of the newer tires seem to be coming around a bit but NONE will ever hook like the Mickey T does.That tire is frikkin badass [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
sean04
¯
Member # 4863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sean04  Ford pictures for sean04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive tried the nittos, bfg's and the MT's. The nittos are decent. If you do most your driving on the street the Bfg will be your best bet. And if your looking for the best tire for the quarter that would be the MT. My MT 275's hook much better than my 315 bfg drag's. Ive also heard that the new hoosiers are even better than the MT, but I havent tried them yet.
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just got the mt's and all i could say is those tires hook crazy, i really like this tires a lot best tire so far.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should just bring the 2 extra tires to the track. Driving from SF to Sac on the MT's will wear them out quick, not to mention all the burnouts at the track, plus then you have to go air them back up before the drive home. I would think it would be easier to just through the mounted rims in the trunk with a jack and wrench to change at the track

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
mf150
¯
Member # 6526

quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
You should just bring the 2 extra tires to the track. Driving from SF to Sac on the MT's will wear them out quick, not to mention all the burnouts at the track, plus then you have to go air them back up before the drive home. I would think it would be easier to just through the mounted rims in the trunk with a jack and wrench to change at the track

I think I might end up doing this. Good advice. In that case I might as well try out the Hoosier drag radials...they look like straight slicks...lol.

problem is: I'd have to use the stocker jack b/c my floor jack won't fit in my freakin trunk..it's one of thopse truck jacks...lol

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com