Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tubular K members

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tubular K members
89_302notch
¯
Member # 5906

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for 89_302notch  Ford pictures for 89_302notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was woundering what company makes the best (rigid)K memeber around? It will be used for a daily driver and ocashinall drag. Because I heard some break or crack is it worth getting The tubular K member your thoghts and comments would very well help
[patriot]

--------------------
1990 Midnight blue Ford Gt
1994 Z28 Camaro
Im going to miss my 89 notch and 85 gt

Posts: 90 | From: San Pablo Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PA Racing, AJE, Maximum Motorsports and I hear the UPR isnt all that bad

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't have any personal experience but lots of people swear by the MM and Griggs k-members. You will also have to check for wheel fitmet as some of them move the position of the wheels back or forward.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
r3dn3ck
¯
Member # 3192

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r3dn3ck  Ford pictures for r3dn3ck  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GMS and UPR have bazillions of failures, steer clear.

The only ones you'll always see in the list is Maximum Motorsports and Griggs. For a street car MM is a better choice as they're built a little more stoutly. Griggs is lighter and a better choice for race only duty but still a fine streetable unit.

D&D/AJE/PAR... dunno. Not enough data on street driven/daily driven stangs for my taste.

You get what you pay for.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement. Via O'Connor

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use aje but i dont drive my car daily. I like the look and strentgh of the aje. Real good customer service too! [patriot] AJE

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Jdub
¯
Member # 2098

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub  Ford pictures for Jdub    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you guys using stock or aftermarket arms? I'd like to run a tubular K and arms, but only if they work with a stock spring setup - I'm not ready for coilovers just yet.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com