Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » TAX REFUND!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: TAX REFUND!!!
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All right! I got 1500 bucks back!

And right in time, cause my engine is usin' a ton of oil, my question is this...

in 5.0 mag there is an ad for gtrhipo.com and they have 331's for 1199.99 and 347's for 899.99, they are rotating assemblys which is cool cause I wanna get my own parts.

Anyway I was wondering why the 331 was more than the 347? also if anybody knows of a cheaper place to get one that would rock.

oh and do you know if they use stock blocks? I heard the stock ones suck

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
347's are more popular is probably why. It doesn't use any block its only a rotating assembly. What parts do you want to get on your own? You are probably better off buying a complete short block or let the shop building it pick the parts.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
347's are more popular is probably why. It doesn't use any block its only a rotating assembly. What parts do you want to get on your own? You are probably better off buying a complete short block or let the shop building it pick the parts.

You also have to figure when buying an $800 stroker kit that its most likely not forged or ballanced. Either buy a shortblock or have a shop build you one. I know its not the cheapest way to go but just ask anyone that built a cheap motor..... [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I were you I would just buy a short block. The MAIN reason, as Arlee said, 347s are cheaper is because those are sold more. And the more you sell of an item the cheaper it gets... the economies of scale at work.

We sell Coast High Performance short blocks. You can pick up a 347 with forged pistons, balanced, & forged connecting rods for only $1999. Add the fact that we are running a Tax Refund promotion.. and you are almost there for the total bill for the engine and install. For more info on the promo click here
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000138;p=1

[ February 12, 2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres a deal, 347 installed for almost $1500

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh, I thought that rotating assembly meant that it was a short block without the cam.

I want to get the stroker but use my stock parts (cam heads..ect) and add as I go, APEX how much for a stroker if I install it myself? do you use the stock block? cause I heard it breaks easy?

also I heard something about the 347 having oil problems?

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

if your going to stay NA the block should be fine for your application. The 347 oiling problems have all been fixed. We have a few in the shop now if your interested. We also offer 90 days same as cash, financing with no credit checks

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com