Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » FOX LIGHT PROBLEM

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: FOX LIGHT PROBLEM
CLEAN 93GT
¯
Member # 5946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEAN 93GT  Ford pictures for CLEAN 93GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a problem wiht my lights guys and im not sure what it is ... any help would be appreciated... i will be driving and if i have the headlights and the fog lights on at the same time they will just shut off while im cruising down the road... i can turn the fogs off and the heads off and back on and they will work again.. anybody know what this could be???? and if it is something i will need parts for who has them, how much, and what brand... THANKS GUYS ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is a common problem with fox's having your symptoms, that i believe stem from factory wire gauging being to small and overheating with the fog lights. There is a step by step cure, and even mod, so you can have the parking lights and fog lights on somewhere on the net, just look it up!

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The above post is correct. There is no "kit" you can buy to solve your problem.

There is just a bunch of different methods you can use to solve your problem. Search online for a foglight re-wire for 87-93 mustangs and you will get tons of hits. Pick the article you understand best and do what it says.

If you are patient and re-wire them correctly, your problems will be solved. I did it on my 1987 GT and it worked like a charm.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Quick 88LX:
There is no "kit" you can buy to solve your problem.

There sort of is... kinda $$$ though. The cheap way works fine

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-11654BK%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

[ February 12, 2006, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Chris83179 ]

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GOOD TO KNOW I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That "kit" is exactly the same as what you alreayd have in your car EXCEPT for the larger gauge wire.

Spend 5 bucks and re-wire it with large gauge wire using everything you already have. It is just as easy and you save 184 bucks.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
TrickRacer50
¯
Member # 6345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrickRacer50  Ford pictures for TrickRacer50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The circuit breaker is installed in the head light switch and gets hot and turns off the lights. If you replace the switch and the multifuncion switch the problem will be solved.

Or, you could do as the others have said.

I bought the kit and that fixed my problems

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com