Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » those who have a nx kits

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: those who have a nx kits
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anything you regeret or would do before installing a wet kit on my 00 gt? I have a window switch and looking for a gen x kit with the fuel pressure safety switch, bottle heater, blow down tube and also a remote bottle opener before installing.

Also fuel wise I picked up a Focus SVT fuel pump very cheap (guy ordered two but only needed one) and was told that would be plenty of fuel. I only plan to run 125 hp.

I will have it tuned prior to spraying. 2 steps colder on the plugs. anything I'm missing?

SilverScab
¯
Member # 6092

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverScab  Ford pictures for SilverScab    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
use the money you would spend on the remote bottle opener on a purge instead

[ February 01, 2006, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: SilverScab ]

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
enjoy it. cuz my buddy did just that and his engine didnt hold for long.

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have a safe tune done and you'll be fine...Oh and get the purge for sure. [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what Twisted said. I would just get the genx2 kit it comes with everything that the genx does except it adds the purge valve. You will definitely want the purge.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Have a safe tune done and you'll be fine...Oh and get the purge for sure. [patriot]

why a purge? i've heard the purge doesn;t server much purpose other than showmanship.

--------------------
=(

SilverScab
¯
Member # 6092

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverScab  Ford pictures for SilverScab    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
purge air out of the lines. Then its complete nitrous and not a mixture. I would assume this would be the most consistent and safe way as far as tuning goes.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've heard of a ton of people.. purgin on the way to the track or just tapping the bottom for a tenth of a sec to insure the proper mix. i heard is not really neccessary unless you are running a big shot. [Confused] maybe i'm wrong.

--------------------
=(

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
i've heard of a ton of people.. purgin on the way to the track or just tapping the bottom for a tenth of a sec to insure the proper mix. i heard is not really neccessary unless you are running a big shot. [Confused] maybe i'm wrong.

close....all a purge does is get nitrous up to the solenoid for a more instant burst than anything...it helps dorp times by a tenth or less by having nitrous ALREADY a the solenoid instead of hAving to wait for it to go through the line....plus it looks cool....lol

for a 125 shot on 00 GT you will need a tune so you can have timing pulled out after 3000 RPMs....but it looks to me like you're doing all the right stuff...

with the proper setup, you should be able to run nitrous for a long time....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com