Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » have some questions about 04 cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: have some questions about 04 cobra
04cobreezy
¯
Member # 6416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobreezy  Ford pictures for 04cobreezy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok..so i love my cobra, but i can't say i know much about it. I'm looking to do some minor mods to it, but not go overboard with it. Can you guys give me some ideas of what i can do to pump it up a bit.. I already have a bassani exhaust, but i'm not sure what else i can do...thanks in advance for the help...

--------------------
-stop internet bangin!!!

-"you don't have to like me, but you better respect me!"

04 cobra convertible sold
89 notch
05 500 SEL
06 F150

Posts: 109 | From: El Dorado Hills | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a good start.....

Kenne Bell Superchargers

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of the best bang-for-the-bucks modification would be a pulley swap.

I'd recomend a 4lb lower pulley & new gatorback belt, however a cheaper route is to go with an upper pulley & idler setup. The larger lower pulley will help stave off belt slip, while the upper pulley only setup may have some belt slip.
Either route will give you a SIGNIFICANT increase in power across the RPM band.

You will need to retune the car after the swap.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
One of the best bang-for-the-bucks modification would be a pulley swap.

Or you could just trade it to me for my Fox. Its easy to work on and will cost you a lot less to mod too! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on what you're looking for. If you want power, a pulley/ tune would be the way to go. Combine that with a good Mid-pipe and you'll get a little more. And, don't forget the intake side. A good CAI will help the power output.

If you're looking for suspension, than lowering springs with some good caster/ camber plates are a good start. It all depends on what you want. Give us a call at (916) 780-4646 or stop by and we can help you with whatever you decide.

Tim
The Throttle Stop
1200 Plumber Way Ste 120
Roseville, Ca. 95678
(916) 780-4646

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, pretty much what everyone has said. 2.81 upper pulley & tensioner, catted X pipe, CAI and a tune are all good starts, and won't break the bank.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

04cobreezy
¯
Member # 6416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobreezy  Ford pictures for 04cobreezy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good deal..will definately do the pulley, get a cold air system and lowering springs with caster camber plates...
as to the fox trade...hahahha..good one! i already have a 89 notch that i'm working on also..

--------------------
-stop internet bangin!!!

-"you don't have to like me, but you better respect me!"

04 cobra convertible sold
89 notch
05 500 SEL
06 F150

Posts: 109 | From: El Dorado Hills | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com