Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Which/where to get the correct MAF?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which/where to get the correct MAF?
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, i know this is my 3rd thread on this but i'm really stuck right now for some reason. I found someone on the corral that has new 42lb injectors for 290$ or so shipped but i can't seem to find the right MAF.

Combo: TFS tw heads, stage 1 cam, track heat intake, vortech strim (stock boost), full exhaust, stock block, accufab tb (65mm i think?)

I believe someone recommend SCT for the maf but i can't seem to find them, not sure if i'm searching for the right thing. Any website that just sells a combo already setup and calibrated with the injectors etc? I honestly don't care if its a few more bucks, i just want to get the damn parts! [patriot]

--------------------
90GT: h/c/i
05 wrx

Posts: 868 | From: plumas lake (sacramento area) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why not hit up JeffS for the SCT meter and a chip cal'd to your setup?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just get a lightning MAF

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Why not hit up JeffS for the SCT meter and a chip cal'd to your setup?

This is the advice i was looking for actually, i was planning on getting in touch with him on tuning after the install happens, thanks [patriot]

--------------------
05 wrx

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, you could have got ford racing injectors brand new cheaper than that.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle347:
Damn, you could have got ford racing injectors brand new cheaper than that.

I haven't ordered them, where do you see these for less? [Cool]

--------------------
05 wrx

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we sell them for less, as does summit.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Summit, here is the part number FMS-M-9593-F302

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

thanks for the info guys

cdt- sorry for being such a noob in all this but on SCT's website i only see two meters, is that all they make? [Confused]

--------------------
05 wrx

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

yes that is all they make, its all they need.. SCT products are ment to be installed by tuners, then tuned. You will need adapters to go from the 4" MAF to whatever size your tubing is now. You will also need a filter adapter.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
yes that is all they make, its all they need.. SCT products are ment to be installed by tuners, then tuned. You will need adapters to go from the 4" MAF to whatever size your tubing is now. You will also need a filter adapter.

You also need a wiring harness adaptor if you are going to put in on your foxbody.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com