Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Jet Hot or Ceramic Coating in the Bay Area?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Jet Hot or Ceramic Coating in the Bay Area?
N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know if there is a company close to the bay area or in the bay area that does this type of coating?

--------------------
-Single T62-2 Turbonetics Turbo-
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com
www.HELLIONPOWERSYSTEMS.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jet Hot Coatings is located in Fresno. Thats the only place I know that does it.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey sic, do they have a web site? The only people that i know of in fresno is: http://www.capsbhc.com/index.htm I don't know if this coating is the same as a jet hot/ceramic coating. Let me know the web site if they have one.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, thats them. It's the same thing. I did a tour of their place and they showed us how its done. Really cool stuff.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a place over in Redwood City where I have my stuff done. If you are interested I will post the address tomorrow (have their business card at work).

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Thanks, just needed a second opinion if it was the same thing.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

yeah john, let me know tomorrow, thanks too.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay, here it is.

Accessories Plus in Belmont (sorry, thought I was in RC). (650)591-2400, the guys name is Ron. They do all types of ceramic coating.

Here's mine.
 -

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Danny6590
¯
Member # 6289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny6590  Ford pictures for Danny6590    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did they coat both the inside and outside of the header? And friend of mine had his done in the bay somewhere(can't remember the name)and they only did the outside of the headers. They told him Jet Hot is the only place that will do both inside and out of headers. Is this info correct?
Danny6590
¯
Member # 6289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny6590  Ford pictures for Danny6590    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW nice exhaust system who did the work?
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

This place coats both the inside and outside.

Thanks. The headers are Kooks and the X-pipe is a Dr. Gas.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangnut  Ford pictures for stangnut    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats the cleanest under carrage ive ever seen.u got a double salute over here!.
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does anyone know how much they charge to coat the headers? my ceramics have nasty oil stains from the old engine

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks john, How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

I just want to have an idea on the cost and was it inside and out, too? Thanks again john. [Cool]

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
The headers are Kooks and the X-pipe is a Dr. Gas.

I am using a similar setup for my new motor and have a few questions...

- Did you run 3" pipe for the full exhaust run or neck it down to 2.5"?
- Which starter are you using?
- What oil pan are you using?
- Did you need to make any modifications to get the exhaust to fit?
- If you've run the car at Laguna Seca and passed the sound check, which mufflers did you use?

Thanks,

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

As I remember my long tubes were around $300. That was a few years ago though so I'm not sure what it is now. The rest of the exhaust and intake tubing was priced by diameter and length.
 -

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com