Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I have some questions.....need some help.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I have some questions.....need some help.
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok, since i got this 84 LX I wanna know what i can do body wise with some later maodel parts. Here goes...

1) can I change the 1/4 windows to say like an 1988 LX?

2)Can I put 88' all red LX rear lenses on the rear without modification and will the plugs still be the same?!

3)I s this waterpump reverse rotation (it has the serpentine belt)

4)can I swap rear for an 8.8 and still use the 84 rear brakes and if not will the brake lines still be the same size?

5)will the GT say 1988-89 lower body kit (ie: side and rear bumper cover and front lower fender extensions) fit or what will it take to install?

6)How hard would it be to convert it to carburated?! ( i like carbs) would the O2 sensor and the comp would be thrown off?

thanks for all your input.

Ernesto

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camaro Kid Z/28:
ok, since i got this 84 LX I wanna know what i can do body wise with some later maodel parts. Here goes...

2)Can I put 88' all red LX rear lenses on the rear without modification and will the plugs still be the same?!

4)can I swap rear for an 8.8 and still use the 84 rear brakes and if not will the brake lines still be the same size?

5)will the GT say 1988-89 lower body kit (ie: side and rear bumper cover and front lower fender extensions) fit or what will it take to install?

6)How hard would it be to convert it to carburated?! ( i like carbs) would the O2 sensor and the comp would be thrown off?

Ernesto

1, 2 and 4 yes. the body kit thing is ALOT of work

[ January 08, 2006, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: 84GT5.0 ]

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the 1st one i think u need a coupe 1/4 window, not a regular lx hatch

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont put a friggen GT body kit on a coupe dude, ugg

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Ernesto

1. yes but it would have to be out a coupe.
2. yes but you will have to change out the signal/hazard lights to amber instead of clear.
3. They all run serpentine belts stock.
4. When you get the rear end get complete from drum to drum hualinassmaro always has some for sale.
5. Don't do the body kit you have a notch its the lightest body style keep it that way.
6. Isn't your already carburated they weren't efi untill '86.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
his car is cfi.

and if the 7.5" rear has the same brakes as my 4cyl did than the brake line runs up the wrong side of the chassis, all you'll need to do to make the 8.8 rear drum work is get the rear hardline out of a 86-93 from the junction block on the passenger side all the way to the rear (its one peice from that point)

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
quote:

Ernesto

1. yes but it would have to be out a coupe.
2. yes but you will have to change out the signal/hazard lights to amber instead of clear.
3. They all run serpentine belts stock.
4. When you get the rear end get complete from drum to drum hualinassmaro always has some for sale.
5. Don't do the body kit you have a notch its the lightest body style keep it that way.
6. Isn't your already carburated they weren't efi untill '86.

nah,this motor has a throttle body (looks like a carburator) CFI

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by blind:
his car is cfi.

and if the 7.5" rear has the same brakes as my 4cyl did than the brake line runs up the wrong side of the chassis, all you'll need to do to make the 8.8 rear drum work is get the rear hardline out of a 86-93 from the junction block on the passenger side all the way to the rear (its one peice from that point)

I'll know more about that when i get a chance to get under the car. I've been working late for the past 4 days! [Frown] tuesday for sure I will go over the car from front to back1

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

the 8.8 drum brake line runs up the passenger side framerail looking thing and the junction where it connects to the flex line to hook up to the rear axle is right in the center above the driveshaft bolts near the pinion snubber bumpstop

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Dizzy
¯
Member # 884

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dizzy  Ford pictures for Dizzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Seriously dude wtf?!?!?!!??!
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by Dizzy:
quote:

Seriously dude wtf?!?!?!!??!
 -

i like the way this looks!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com