Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2002 gmc truck ?'s please look TECH ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2002 gmc truck ?'s please look TECH ?
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at work today i went to start my truck and and it started then died,then i tried again and it did the same.it then started when i gave it gas,but it was running rough and when i let off the gas the rpm's dropped then died.i then tried to start it again and died.then it wouldnt even crank over.
i then got a jump start and it ran fine.
i was like f'it ill go get a batterey since it is the original and take it home and check the alternator and it started to run like shit again.
so i got it home and went and got a alternator from a friend that had a brand new one.
changed the alternator and it started to run good and i took it aroung the block and it died again and when i turned it back on it was running rough again.what could this be.
any ideas. oh yeah its a 2002 gmc sierra 4.8 v8

[ January 03, 2006, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: 4.6 EATIN GM'S ]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Danny6590
¯
Member # 6289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny6590  Ford pictures for Danny6590    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a similar problem. It was running really rough and had a slight miss. I was told to clean the mass air sensor and throttle body. I did both and it cleared up the dying and rough running problem. This was with my 01 Tahoe 5.3 and 99 Sierra 5.3 both had same thing but at different times. Also if you have a K & N filter the oil from the filter clogs the Mass air sensor so it has to be clean often. Because they are so close together.

Hope this helps if not do it anyway.

Danny

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pull codes and clean the MAF sensor.

If you are getting lean/fuel codes clean the MAF sensor and/or replace it if cleaning doesn't fix the problem.

My GF's Corolla had the same symptoms and it was her MAF sensor, it was all cruddy inside.

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put a scanner on it today and it was p0101
maf sensor.so i fixed the problem thanks for the info.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com