Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » which is better for performance

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: which is better for performance
90cobraclone
¯
Member # 6354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90cobraclone  Ford pictures for 90cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fox body or new mustangs

[ January 03, 2006, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: 90cobraclone ]

--------------------
vortech supercharged

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock vs. stock the '05-'06 will blow away a foxbody (300hp vs 225hp).

If you are asking "which will perform better when modified?" it all depends on how much money you have to spend [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:

If you are asking "which will perform better when modified?" it all depends on how much money you have to spend [Wink]

Anyone else see the write up on the vortech v-2 they strapped on the new GT and got over 500 rwhp and could of got more if they did'nt max out the 39 lb injector's and the returnless fuel system was at it's limit's also. Pretty impressive considering it still had the stock exhaust and everything. Anyone know what the limit's are for the new gt's block?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Anyone else see the write up on the vortech v-2 they strapped on the new GT and got over 500 rwhp and could of got more if they did'nt max out the 39 lb injector's and the returnless fuel system was at it's limit's also. Pretty impressive considering it still had the stock exhaust and everything. Anyone know what the limit's are for the new gt's block?
Yeah, that was pretty crazy. Just wait 'til people start slapping turbos on them [Eek!]
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
new mustangs probably see more power off each aftermarket part installed. but most aftermarket parts require the computer to be re-flashed.

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that was pretty crazy. Just wait 'til people start slapping turbos on them [Eek!]
we are doing a twin turbo '05 this month

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is the limit of horsepower You feel these block's can handle?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The biggest limitation to the new mustangs IMO is weight.
Power to weight ratio is FAR better in a Fox.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is the limit of horsepower You feel these block's can handle?
Its not the block as much as the stock rods. The stock lower end wont take very much HP for long from what I hear.... [Frown]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the piston is the weak point. I think they are better than fox's in that they seem to perform better with less mods. I mean with gears, CAI, Tune and tires they have ran in the 12's Thats pretty good.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Post some pics and dyno sheets when you are done [Big Grin]
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you can afford a 05 that is a better choice. The chasis is 1000% better than the Fox's.. it's the same chassis as the the Jaguar X-Type which is a VERY good platform to start with. Some people complain about the 05 because it is so smooth that people don't think it's making enough HP.

The only drawback for mods for the 05 is they are expensive compared to 04 and under.

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the new ones are UGLY!!

I think somebody should but the 3v 4.6 in a LX notch!

THAT would be cool!

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like the new stangs...96-04....i aint to fond for the 05 but if i were to get something in that style it would be the 07 shelby gt500...thats about it...but my all time favorite is the 2003-2004 Cobras'....got to love them...cant wait to get one of those...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Post some pics and dyno sheets when you are done [Big Grin]
Will do, the kit should be here in about a week or so. We are also doing some other upgrades to it also.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know.. I think a turbo is a waste of time and money. Too many parts, too much money and too much moeny.. With any sc kit you can go to 700-800 hp.. I think the time should be used for pully upgrades and tuning [patriot]

btw: I have been running my procharged 05 with 430-440rwhp for 6 months now and have no issues except for leaving tire marks on the work parking lot .. [Big Grin]

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

quote:
Originally posted by lostsoul:
I dont know.. I think a turbo is a waste of time and money. Too many parts, too much money and too much moeny.. With any sc kit you can go to 700-800 hp.. I think the time should be used for pully upgrades and tuning [patriot]

btw: I have been running my procharged 05 with 430-440rwhp for 6 months now and have no issues except for leaving tire marks on the work parking lot .. [Big Grin]

good thing you had Apex fix up your plugs...
So would you like to race this turbo car???

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha.. I'm good a speed shifting.. I think I might be able to take it. The key is in the launch [Razz]

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lostsoul:

Haha yeah right any sc kit can push those numbers. [BS flag] Try an A-trim or Sn93 model and you could barely push half that. Just hope your procharger doesn't blow a seal soon.

I took this from another board:

quote:
Turbo's are for wimps because you can adjust boost levels with a screwdriver. Blowers are for real men, because adjusting the boost level involves a lot of manly, complicated work.

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

88DroptopGT = I think my engin will blow before the procharger seal.. haha.. I'm going to beat that turbo car even if it takes out an engin [Big Grin]

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com