Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » alarm install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: alarm install
1988Stang
¯
Member # 6280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1988Stang  Ford pictures for 1988Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a Viper 791XV alarm and was wondering if any of you guys know of a good place to have install it or have any of you installed it yourself. It has the remote start option but the shops say they can't install it because my car is a manual. I have done a lot of wiring stuff before but never a alarm. Are they hard to install? Any info would help, Thanks.
positiveextreme
¯
Member # 4472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for positiveextreme  Ford pictures for positiveextreme  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats up. I gotthe same one in my Expeditionn. The remote start on a manual can be done.

Most places will not do it cuz its not safe but you can have it installed to be safe too.

I had mines done on my two Expeditions at Juniors Car Stereo in Fremont, he's bad ass.

Good luck.

--------------------
David Hernandez
dhernandez@imaginemediagroup.com

Posts: 73 | From: San Francisco | Registered: May 2004  |  :
cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cvr 5.0  Ford pictures for cvr 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Juniors Car Stereo in Fremont is the best!!!!!!!

[ December 17, 2005, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: cvr 5.0 ]

--------------------
-89 MUSTANG 5.0 lx vert (sold as of 2-10-08 for $8K)
-Ford F-100 with blown chevy 502
2004.5 dodge ram, 500hp and 1100tq
-84 yoda on 39s

Posts: 977 | From: Fremont ,ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
remote start on a manual is the stupidest thing in the world.

leave it in gear just once and remote start it and you'll wish you'd never had it installed that way as you go chasing after your car down the street

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1988Stang
¯
Member # 6280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1988Stang  Ford pictures for 1988Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey blind you can hook up a neutral safety switch in the alarm so if your car is in gear the remote start will not engage, obviously i wouldn't want to do it if there was a chance that i could start it in gear and watch it crash into something.
To you other guys thanks for the info, i will have to give him a call on Monday, by any chance do you have the number? Thanks

1988Stang
¯
Member # 6280

today i got an appointment for Juniors Car Stereo to do the alarm in my stang. Sounds like they do good work and the price is pretty good. Thanks for the help guys.
positiveextreme
¯
Member # 4472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for positiveextreme  Ford pictures for positiveextreme  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1988Stang did you make it out to JCS ? Im heading that way soon for a creative zen install

If you havent got there yet, let Junior/Mo that David at Extreme Autofest says whats up. Thanks

--------------------
David Hernandez
dhernandez@imaginemediagroup.com

Posts: 73 | From: San Francisco | Registered: May 2004  |  :
1988Stang
¯
Member # 6280

Yesterday i spent the day down at Fremont while my alarm was getting installed. I ended up spending a little more money then i wanted because i ended up getting all the upgrades, but it was most definitely worth it, and the hour and 15 minute drive down there was most most definitley worth it because those guys down there really know there shit. They put everything in my car, so hopefully it can't(won't) be stolen. Thanks guys for recomending them to me, they do badass work. I would recommend them to anyone who wants there shit installed totally professional and not hacked out like a lot of other shops.
94_5.0
¯
Member # 6130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94_5.0  Ford pictures for 94_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
remote start on a manual is the stupidest thing in the world.

leave it in gear just once and remote start it and you'll wish you'd never had it installed that way as you go chasing after your car down the street

hahahahahahahaha LOL [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 5.0 VERT>> (TOTALED, IDIOT DRIVERS) Obama 50% white 50% black 100% Genious.

Posts: 510 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com