Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » brakes goes all the way down to the floor

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: brakes goes all the way down to the floor
ciscos91stang
¯
Member # 4274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ciscos91stang  Ford pictures for ciscos91stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just wondering if i have to replace the master cylinder and /or brakebooster.ive bled the brakes according to chiltons repair manual.this is for an 89 gt

--------------------
RPM RACING CREW

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did u check for leaks? wheal cylinders, calipers or lines?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you've got air somewhere, I would recommend pressure bleeding the brakes.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check for leaks first. Check fluid leval in master cyl if that is all good replace Brake master cyl.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your MC ran out of fluid it may also need to be bled, which is a seperate procedure from bleeding your lines and calipers. Also, I know you said you bled in accordance with chiltons, but you did do the furthest calipers first, right? If you did the closest lines to the MC before the further ones, you can reintroduce air into previously bled sections.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

ciscos91stang
¯
Member # 4274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ciscos91stang  Ford pictures for ciscos91stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
before anybody starts clownin,this is my brothers car im tring to figure out .i just need a confirmation ,would pouring power steering fluid into the master cylinder mess up any of the seals.

--------------------
RPM RACING CREW

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys used power steering fluid instead of brake fluid? [Eek!] [Big Grin] [worship]
i don't know if it ruins it or not. but i would get that fluid out of there asap..
good luck.
pressure bleed the brakes and try to see the condition remains..
good luck. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Knew someone that did the same thing! He had to replace everything. Oh well mustang part's are cheap. Best of luck with it.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com