Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » wheel locks

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: wheel locks
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a new car and the man I bought it from lost the locks for the rims they are cobra r rims I was wondering if anyone would know how to get them off with out messing up the rims u can pm me if you don’t wont this info on the web

Thanks casey

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a cheap socket that barely fits and drive it on w/ a hammer. You will probably waste a socket per lock.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

ShiftyGT
¯
Member # 3862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShiftyGT  Ford pictures for ShiftyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can take it into Les Schwab or some place of the like... they should be able to get them off and while your there you can buy a new set.

--------------------
1990 GT, Back in action

Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks i will try that [patriot]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ShiftyGT:
You can take it into Les Schwab or some place of the like... they should be able to get them off and while your there you can buy a new set.

ya they will take off the lock for you,me and my friend were there getting tire for his car and he lost the key socket and said they would be able to get if of in no time.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Get a cheap socket that barely fits and drive it on w/ a hammer. You will probably waste a socket per lock.

Doing this would be way cheaper than taking it somewhere.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just had to do this.. i lost the key a couple of days ago.. is not hard at all.. just get a big hammer and tap the socket in place..
After doing this i don't know what the purpose of having lock nuts is..i mean.. they came off so easily.. [Mad]

--------------------
=(

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or u can buy for like 30 bucks the lock removal kit [Wink]
1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That happened to me the guy i bought the car from lost the locks so i had to get a shoket thatbarely went on it and hammer it on. The rim and tire shops would charge you at least 10 bucks a rim. Pepboys wanted 70 per rim.

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
1992 GT Convert. 5.0 auto -sold-
1990 Lx Convert. 5.0(parted)
1992 Lx Hatchback 5.0-sold-:)
1990 5.0 Notchback -SOLD-:(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn. don't pay anyone anything.. do it yourself.. i would post a vid of how to get it done.. but i'm sure i'd get flamed for it.. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
=(

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought the lock kit and it wouldnt work, so then i used a socket and that did it for me.
t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want to do your self sockets are the best. If you live in an area where there is a Les Scwabb that is a good suggestion also. Last if you live in an area where there are a bunch of dubs are sold go to them they will do it cheap.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Thanks for all the help I tried everything and could not get them off the lock was a little smaller then the hole on the rim so I took it to Les Scwabb and they couldn’t get it off either so I went to fire stone and the ended up having a key for that type lock I got lucky

thanks casey

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com