Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Headlight covers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Headlight covers
nineeightstang
¯
Member # 2685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineeightstang  Ford pictures for nineeightstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Quick question, does anybody know the laws for having smoked headlight covers. I know they are only for daytime but during what parts of the day? Thanks
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who cares about law, they look ghey

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is a law, only gay people still have them on thier car [Big Grin]
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just get some smoke headlights or buy i spray tint and do it yourself [patriot]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

If your going to smoke something, spray it. I have sprayed my tailights and my buddies headlights and they look great. Still havent tested the headlights at night though [Razz]

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
nineeightstang
¯
Member # 2685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineeightstang  Ford pictures for nineeightstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha, thanks for the replies. just trying to figure out what to do. Probably just go with the projectors.
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Head light covers are illegal for one reason, you have to have a amber colored reflector on the side of your car...Most headlight covers cover the reflectors....

Think about all the cars that have "flip up headlights", you can't even see their headlights(unless they're turned on), but they normally all have the reflectors in the bumper or on the side....

Basically, if you want to install headlight covers, but are worried about the law, then I might suggest cutting the sides, so you can see the amber reflectors, or leave them and take your chance and get a ticket...

Also, I would go with what YOU think looks best and not what other people think is "ghey"...Then again, if you do decide to install them it's just another reason to get pulled over and get a ticket....

just my .02

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nineeightstang:
Quick question, does anybody know the laws for having smoked headlight covers. I know they are only for daytime but during what parts of the day? Thanks

I think they look hella tight and i dont give a fuck what anybody sais i have them on all day and night when it gets dark just turn on your lights they shine right through the covers. When you signal the light shines through just fine day or night  - That pic was taken at around 4 in the afternoon but as you can see the signal lights clearly shine through the covers.

[ December 14, 2005, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: PWR HNGRY 302 ]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stateokunfusion:
quote:

If your going to smoke something, spray it. I have sprayed my tailights and my buddies headlights and they look great. Still havent tested the headlights at night though [Razz]
I've seen his car and it does look tight but if your doing the head lights i would go with the covers.

--------------------
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Light covers [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM

DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stateokunfusion:
quote:

Fuck yeah, both my headlights and taillights look great...I'll try to get pics up.

--------------------
88 Notch, Black interior, 5.0, T5, 3.55's, Flows, STB. Getting ready for paint.

Piecing together a wet kit; got most of it.

Posts: 224 | From: Healdsburg, CA 95448 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry for shitty pic quality.
 -

-

Headlights are lighter but look just as good, but I have no pics of them yet. I think the covers are bulgy and just don't look as good. Wetsand/polish after you spray and they'll come out awesome. [patriot]

[ December 14, 2005, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: MidnightNotchback ]

--------------------
88 Notch, Black interior, 5.0, T5, 3.55's, Flows, STB. Getting ready for paint.

Piecing together a wet kit; got most of it.

Posts: 224 | From: Healdsburg, CA 95448 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do agree to "Do what YOU think looks good and what you like." Personally I don't like the covers,...I almost went that rought but took a chance on some of these.

-

I was worried they would look ricey and I'd get ricey comments all the time. But they turned out nice and I get compiments on them pretty often (when the car is running)...as for night time I can't see shit! I need to get those really bright bulbs, can't remember what they are called but they are like $50 each or something.

ps. the only amber on mine are the bulbs themselves so I don't know how that is with the law but I've not been pulled over (for that anyway)

[ December 14, 2005, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does the light shine through the spray?

--------------------
1993 Lx Coupe.....a couple bolt ons.

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW you guys haven't been pulled over for it? SFPD must be hella lenient, effing Rocklin police will pull you over for ANYTHING!

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt, does the light shine through the spray?

--------------------

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was thinking about spraying my taillights, but I dont want them real dark, just kindof lightley smoked I guess. Do I just put it on real light, or is there a lighter color that it comes in? Also does the spray last?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh I forgot, where do you buy it?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

does the light shine through the spray?

--------------------

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Kinda, its a little dim

--------------------
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com